Steakhouse surf and turf in MDR

Anyone ordered the $23 surf and turf in MDR? My past 2 cruises and next 2 are 10/11 days. I book steakhouse 1st night really for the free wine! On my recent Venezia cruise the lobster in MDR on elegant night was actually better than the steakhouse lobster. Got me thinking: since free wine is only the first night, maybe I’ll order the surf and turf in MDR and “save” $27. Opinions? 

1 minute ago, Crusin Karen said:

Anyone ordered the $23 surf and turf in MDR? My past 2 cruises and next 2 are 10/11 days. I book steakhouse 1st night really for the free wine! On my recent Venezia cruise the lobster in MDR on elegant night was actually better than the steakhouse lobster. Got me thinking: since free wine is only the first night, maybe I’ll order the surf and turf in MDR and “save” $27. Opinions? 

I agree that the lobster can be a little hit and miss in the Steakhouse. DH and I were on Pride this past October and found the lobster to be overcooked and the filet chewy (first night on cruise). Second night (elegant) the MDR lobster was better.  I have never ordered the surf and turf for the upcharge in the MDR.  Having said all that, our Steakhouse dinner on Freedom this January was one of the best Steakhouse dinners we have ever had, and I had the lobster.  Hmmmm, maybe I'll try the MDR upcharge next cruise...let us know how it works out for you if you try it! 😺

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

DS typically orders off the steakhouse menu whenever we eat in MDR, the steaks are better quality so we dont mind the upcharge.  He has in the past ordered the surf and turf at least once from upcharge menu and was happy with his meal although he has since only done the steak.   

If you plan to order the upcharge item anyway, maybe try the surf and turf at least once and if you like it then you will if it is worth it for you.  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1