Just For Fun

:D IT'S A VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO MOST OF ALL?????????

After reading all the "anti" smoking posts these past days, every one a soapbox - how about we have a JUST FOR FUN post.

Personally, I am packing for my cruise (what should I pack? duct tape???). Anticipating arriving in Tampa (warm weather) , boarding the ship ( so big and beautiful) , getting my 1st banana daquari (yumyum). I'm taking my 16 yo DS and his friend (both handsome and well behaved), my DH and another friend (the life's of the party):eek: . My DS and her DS will be there also ( they truly deserve a vacation):p . We can't wait to be onboard, explore the ship, eat the meals, have our excursion.............HAVE A WELL DESERVED, RESTFUL FUN VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of all the negatives:( , I'd like to hear some positives.....anyone else????:rolleyes:

I stayed away from most of the negative posts of the past few days, nothing new is ever said.

We don't have a big cruise planned until next December (Christmas :) ) but we do have 2 side by side aft balcony JS cabins! We reserved early in January and I've watched the prices go up, up, up!!!

Our favorite thing to do after we get to our cabin is to close the door and jump up and down for a few minutes. We then collect ourselves and go explore the ship, never letting on how childish we have been behaving :D .

I do hope everyone cruising in the near or far off future has safe, healthy and happy travels!!

We have 2 (front of the ship - don't know official name, forward???) adjoinging balconies on deck 7 and DS and DN have mid ship Deck 5. Did not want to admit that we also do the "JUMP FOR JOY" when we get in cabin, but I guess it is ok now!!:) Just counting the days, hours, minutes.........

Have a great trip, vacation is about family and fun, make the most of it.

Dh and I are going on the Majesty 3 day Bahama cruise just to get us to Diamond. What started out as just the two of us to get to the next level has turned into a group of 12 of us, all good friends. First time I have ever cruised with a large group of friends like this. I have done group cruises, but just to get the lower rate.

I am still recruiting in hopes of getting the required 8 cabins to qualify as a 'real' group and get us all a little discount.

Working on getting new jokes for my repetoire since they have heard all of my good ones.:D

My cruise is only a little over a month away! I am looking forward to seeing some friends I dont see often, meeting face to face someone I have been friends with for 6 yrs, we met online, talk on the phone all the time and are using this cruise to finally meet in person. Im so excited. I look forward to relaxing by the pool, listening to the band, dancing, sitting at the bar enjoying a cocktail with friends, old and new, sharing lots of laughs and good times, sharing the cruising experience with 4 people going with me that have never cruised before. I love that feeling when you first board the ship, dump your carry on in your cabin, head up for some lunch and then know it is really official, you are on a cruise! No matter how many times I go, I never get over that feeling. I know it is going to be a great week with lots of great memories.

Have a chocolate martini for me...you will never regret it!:D

one of my favorite drinks! Ever have a chocolate covered cherry martini? Yummy! Tasted just like my favorite candies. I am looking forward to everything!

Drinks of the the day. Sailing away.

Cancun, Belize, the tropical breeze,

Dancing at midnight, my clothes getting tight.

What else....fond memories to remember and I have to wait for November!

My cruise is only a little over a month away! I am looking forward to seeing some friends I dont see often, meeting face to face someone I have been friends with for 6 yrs, we met online, talk on the phone all the time and are using this cruise to finally meet in person. Im so excited. I look forward to relaxing by the pool, listening to the band, dancing, sitting at the bar enjoying a cocktail with friends, old and new, sharing lots of laughs and good times, sharing the cruising experience with 4 people going with me that have never cruised before. I love that feeling when you first board the ship, dump your carry on in your cabin, head up for some lunch and then know it is really official, you are on a cruise! No matter how many times I go, I never get over that feeling. I know it is going to be a great week with lots of great memories.

This is what vacation and these boards should be about....now I'm off to the tanning bed so I won't get burnt on vacation!:D

Whenever we cruise I always bring my parents with us too. For me there is nothing quite like when I first walk over the gangway, step foot onto the ship and realize that we have all been given another opportunity to spend another week together celebrating something that we all consider very special. I always say a quick "thank you" for that.

Our next cruise is with friends who will be cruising for the first time, so we're looking forward to seeing their reactions to everything - the food, being pampered, the activities and entertainment. We're going to Bermuda so personally I'll be looking forward to relaxing and being rocked by the ocean (hopefully it won't be too much).

About a month after returning we'll be going to Alaska and that's where we'll be excited to see the sights and experience a new place for us. So much to see and do there.

We really love to cruise!

So much to do, so little time. First cruise and I"m stressin' ... IN A GOOD WAY FOR A CHANGE

What to pack, what not to pack,

What to pack, what not to pack, :D

1st REAL vacation in 10 years ... My favorite thought/thing about this vacation ... no phone, no computer, no email, no IM

no phone, no computer, no email, no IM

So much to do, so little time. First cruise and I"m stressin' ... IN A GOOD WAY FOR A CHANGE

What to pack, what not to pack, :D

1st REAL vacation in 10 years ... My favorite thought/thing about this vacation ... no phone, no computer, no email, no IM

Take deep breaths. It will be fine and oh so relaxing! :)

What a great thread. Finally the positives! This is the reason I go on these boards....to get excited and share that excitement. No one else understands the "doc. dance" (which I was doing all day yesterday!!!). We leave 4/29 on the Grandeur and I can not wait. This will be my 8th cruise and one of the best parts of cruising is the anticipation before hand. We start the countdown at 100 days.

The best part though is being out in the middle of the deep blue sea with nothing else in sight but that beautiful water a Rum Runner in hand and the Caribbean band playing by the pool. I can almost feel the sun on my face now.

We are also looking forward to our 1st balcony! We also have a couple of pre-cruise days in San Juan which should be fun. Also, we will be out on the ocean for New Year's Eve so that will be a new experience for us :) Plus, the usual no cooking, no cleaning, no worries.

We are on Radiance one week from tomorrow and sssoooooo looking forward to it!! :). We fly down the day before and that day is my ritual day. Check-in to the hotel, look at Saturday's ships out the window, get some shorts on and grab the monorail to Bayside. Have a few drinks in beautiful warm weather and decide on Lombardi's or Bubba Gumps for dinner....total relaxation mode the day before the cruise, it's great! :D

I love this thread. I've spent part of my morning researching tours for my next cruise to the Pacific Northwest. These will be mostly new ports and we spend an entire day in San Francisco!! So much to do and see, where do I start:confused:

It's fun seeing the excitement of those of you getting a balcony for the first time - you'll love them!! We're actually going back to an inside after having a balcony the last several times. I'm sure we'll adjust - after all, we will still be on a cruise;)

If you like garlic butter, you would like them. They really are quite tasty.
am

I am so excited to go on our first cruise we leave on April 2 and are going for seven days, we even have a junior suite. I have shopped so much I know half what I bought I prob won't use oh well. We bought this cruise over a year ago for a ten year wedding anniversary and christmas present. I am looking forward to trying the esc. and I love garlic with musells and clams. Like this thread more up than others:o

I forgot something! I normally cruise with a group of friends but in the past have always had an inside cabin, alone! I loved it but this time Im rooming with 2 gals and we got a JR suite! My very first balcony and sharing it with 2 first time cruisers, what fun!

I cant wait to see their reaction to everything too. One gal is a little nervous cause of all the bad press lately and I spend every day at work calming her fears. I cant wait till she is on the ship, has a day or two to get her bearings and then sit back and watch her.

So much to be excited about!

Im also looking forward to the creamy garlic soup.. mmmm. Last year I had 2 bowls for dinner and that was all I had.. I plan on doing it again this year. Might even hit the Windjammer when it opens for dinner and having some then too, since I have late dining. The spinach pine nut salad is wonderful too, oh and the vidalia onion tort and the mushroom pastry thing, oh yea and cant forget the spinach dip! I love the appetizers. Since I can only eat a little at a time they are perfect size for me and if I am extra hungry I just order 2 and by time I finish them every one has had all their courses.

I love the excitement you feel in the air when the ship is pulling away from dock and then when it pulling into ports, you can feel it in the air. No matter how many times I have been to these ports I still get that butterfly tummy thing going seeing them as we approach.

Oh boy, 43 days, is it too early to pack?? Maybe I can just go to Galveston and sit on the pier and watch it pull in.. nah.. it would be depressing to see the ship leave without me.

We leave next sunday for our first cruise, we bought it over a year ago. i cant believe its finally here. we got a junior suite and are staying for 5 days after in FL we bought this for our 10 yr and christmas gifts. I dont know what to bring so i seem to be brining everything and bought alot shopping... oh well we will have the time of our lives and look forward to the fun and food. anyone have any words of wisdom I am all ears. :p

Archived