Just For Fun

am

I am so excited to go on our first cruise we leave on April 2 and are going for seven days, we even have a junior suite. I have shopped so much I know half what I bought I prob won't use oh well. We bought this cruise over a year ago for a ten year wedding anniversary and christmas present. I am looking forward to trying the esc. and I love garlic with musells and clams. Like this thread more up than others:o

SORRY did not mean to post two times

:D IT'S A VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO MOST OF ALL?????????

After reading all the "anti" smoking posts these past days, every one a soapbox - how about we have a JUST FOR FUN post.

Personally, I am packing for my cruise (what should I pack? duct tape???). Anticipating arriving in Tampa (warm weather) , boarding the ship ( so big and beautiful) , getting my 1st banana daquari (yumyum). I'm taking my 16 yo DS and his friend (both handsome and well behaved), my DH and another friend (the life's of the party):eek: . My DS and her DS will be there also ( they truly deserve a vacation):p . We can't wait to be onboard, explore the ship, eat the meals, have our excursion.............HAVE A WELL DESERVED, RESTFUL FUN VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of all the negatives:( , I'd like to hear some positives.....anyone else????:rolleyes:

We leave on the 31 of March to drive to Orlando, spend the day at One of Disney's water parks (Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach) then drive Sunday morning to the port and boart the Mariner for seven wonderful days. We are taking our Four boys and one Friend. The wife, me and five boys, awesome.

I Have tried to stay away from any negative threads. I haven't read any of the anti smoking threads, I don't smoke (a cigar now and then) but don't have a problem if anyone else does. This accident was just that an accident. It may never happen again. Why fret or worry over something you cannot control. Becides, the cruiselines have wonderful security and fire protection. What happened in a night club several years ago, fire and over 100 people died. Her you are on a ship and one person died of a Heart Attack. I pray for Him and his family, but they were really on top of things. I feel safer on the ship than I do out and about in another country.

I plan to relax and try one of those chocolate martinis. Sounds good. May have to chase it with a strawberry daquiri. Haven't tried the bananna Daquiri either, this may be a cruise of Firsts.

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful place to acquire information and at times Vent.

cruise on....

Well we leave for Orlando 11 weeks from today for our Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Mariner. Can't wait. We are taking our two kids ages 19 & 22, and have two cabins booked. We sailed the Voyager two years ago and had a blast. Everyone sailing before us have a great time and don't forget to let us know how wonderful it was.

Bad mommy post alert!;)

I am SO looking forward to collecting my pager and dropping off my little darlings so DH and I can have some fun together! We took ballroom dancing this fall, and I am ready to try it out!!

I am also looking forward to Coco Loco time on CocoCay!!

Two weeks from yesterday we will board the Brilliance. We are really psyched. It will be our first Panama Canal cruise and I am looking forward to my Pina Colada and the pool band playing HOT HOT HOT. Anytime I hear that song, I think of cruises just as I do when I hear Red, Red wine.

I am so glad we have more sea days on this cruise so we can just relax. I wish I had the nerve to try the escargot. I love garlic and butter, but somehow, just the idea that they were in those shells with feelers in front of their heads, turns me off. Maybe if I did a "blind taste test" I would love them.

Anyway, happy cruising to all!

We are on Radiance one week from tomorrow and sssoooooo looking forward to it!! :). We fly down the day before and that day is my ritual day. Check-in to the hotel, look at Saturday's ships out the window, get some shorts on and grab the monorail to Bayside. Have a few drinks in beautiful warm weather and decide on Lombardi's or Bubba Gumps for dinner....total relaxation mode the day before the cruise, it's great! :D

BobBeaSea - I can relate to your excitement. On all of my past 7 cruises we have left out of Miami and have always stayed at least 2 days prior to the cruise. I just love Bayside. It is definately my "pre-cruise" ritual. Go for Bubba Gumps! This trip we are leaving out of Tampa. I'll miss Miami. Maybe next year.

Have a great cruise.

I'm looking forward to every single second of our vacation! I've been dreaming of taking a cruise since I was young, watching the Love Boat every Saturday night.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I waited until I was 40 y/o to take one. All I can say now is it's about dang time!

I'm looking forward to...

:) checking out places that I've never been before - I've never been to any of the ports of call on our trip - and seeing blue sky, blue water, white sand

:) trying yummy new foods at dinner - what better place than a cruise to experiment?

:) ballroom dancing with my favorite dancing partner friend in the new dresses I bought just for that purpose (and I HATE to shop for clothes, does that give you any idea of how excited I am about this trip?)

:) doing all this with friends (we have a group going) and hopefully making some new friends too

:) 9 WHOLE DAYS THAT I'M NOT IN THE OFFICE (I love my job but I really really need a break) - no phone, no e-mail, no spreadsheets!!!

remember how Snoopy dances? that's how I'm gonna feel!

DH and I were on two Windjammers in the 90s which I really loved and would do again. Then last fall we took my first cruise on a traditional ship, and I fell in love with another kind of cruising. Now I can hardly wait to cruise again.

So, partially to fulfill a dream of crossing the Atlantic by ship we've booked a Transatlantic for next November on the Brilliance. Originally we booked an E-1 but have already upgraded to a JS just for the joy of having a little extra space.

I can hardly wait to arrive in Barcelona, board that beautiful ship and let all the worries of the world float away.

My favorite things that I am looking forward to on my next cruise:

:) That first step into the Florida sunshine, after leaving cold NJ in January

:) Getting ON the ship!!!!

:) Getting to our room, going out on the balcony, making phone calls to tell friends and family that we are ON THE SHIP!!!!!

:) Sailaway!!!

:) The first night in the dining room!!!!

After that, it's all good.

Last cruise, it was so much fun those last few weeks and days counting down with my fellow cruisecritic board members - I would highly encourage everyone to post on the board for their sailing. It was great posting about the anticipation, excitement, last-minute running around, etc. and having people there who were going through the exact same thing.

BobBeaSea - I can relate to your excitement. On all of my past 7 cruises we have left out of Miami and have always stayed at least 2 days prior to the cruise. I just love Bayside. It is definately my "pre-cruise" ritual. Go for Bubba Gumps! This trip we are leaving out of Tampa. I'll miss Miami. Maybe next year.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you, we will :). I just love that Daiquiri Bar down by where the music is played. We had dinner at Bubba Gumps last year (lunch after the cruise at Lombardi's) so I think we are going to have dinner at Lombardi's this time. Have a great cruise out of Tampa! :D

Escargot! Mmmmmmmm I love those slippery little suckers! :D

Told myself that I would never eat a slug(LOL) but you know what they are not too bad. As for myself I am going to grab the 1st frozen drink a waiter offers me take a big sip and say to myself ,There's no place like home.

This is what I'm looking forward to most: Getting off the plane into nice warm weather, the excitment of our shuttle ride to the ship, waking up every morning and walking out on my balcony to take in the morning air, but most of all, spending the day lying on the pool deck while sipping foo-foo drinks and looking out at the open ocean! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Great post, I can not wait to cruise again! :D

am

I am so excited to go on our first cruise we leave on April 2 and are going for seven days, we even have a junior suite. I have shopped so much I know half what I bought I prob won't use oh well. We bought this cruise over a year ago for a ten year wedding anniversary and christmas present. I am looking forward to trying the esc. and I love garlic with musells and clams. Like this thread more up than others:o

Happy Anniversary DW and I will be celebrating #18 aboard the Voyager on 4-29 this will be our 5th cruise ,but it will be the 1st time for the 2 of us only have traveled with friends or family all the other times ,looking forward to it,it will be a new experience.

It's good to see a fun post..;)

I can't wait to get the docs (so I can do the doc dance), not being able to sleep the night before because of the anticipation (kind of like a kid at Christmas)...:)

Making my checklist, packing, buying a nice dress for dinner, seeing my DS and DH in tuxes, going to the airport, (has anyone ever noticed the airport "smell" before... it smells like excitment...

Arriving in IAH (never been to TX), saying hello to everyone! Waking up the next morning knowing we will be sailing soon... having the cruise docs checked, and having my first drink with DH and sighing saying no work for a week. No phones, no e-mail, no deadlines or court dates... just sun, drinks and my DH to cuddle with and see the sunset on the ocean... :)

My family and I are leaving on AOS on April 16th - celebrating my husband's 50th birthday, my daughter's 10th birthday, and our 24th anniversary all at the same time. We booked an Owner's Suite, and I can't wait to be back on a Royal Caribbean ship!

It is the best vacation in the world - absolute relaxation and pampering.

I wish it could last forever!!!!!!!

we are looking forward to our cruise in 2 weeks....going with kids who have cabin across the hall....we have balcony.....friends will be with us as well. we are going to renew vows on deck at sunset with our kids and friends. we are doing it ourselves in our own little group and then again officially in june at church. can't wait.....almost as excited as the first time 26 years ago!

Archived