Rogueperson's **Live** Scarlet Lady 4/21/2024 Transatlantic

Rogueperson

As the dude said “that’s like your opinion man”. You can’t please everyone but there is plenty of info out there about virgin and how they are different. If they didn’t look into it and expected royal or carnival. That’s on them. And yes I’ve done enough European river cruises to chuckle at those people. Though to be fair everyone in the cruise experience bubble does speak English so that’s what they come to expect I guess.   But your comment reminds me of a YouTuber whose main complaint about a new ship was that the broadway shows weren’t ready yet. And that they should haven’t have started cruising without them. 

Hey! Just settling down for a good read! 
Thanks for the mention about both needing to apply for DBE - I’m just filling it in for DH.

I must admit I find the app very frustrating. There is no way to see what OBC you have it your loyalty number ? Or am I being thick? 

20 minutes ago, little britain said:

Thanks for the mention about both needing to apply for DBE - I’m just filling it in for DH.

I must admit I find the app very frustrating. There is no way to see what OBC you have it your loyalty number ? Or am I being thick? 

if you have anything for the cruise selected, it’s shown under add-ons on the app.

14 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

if you have anything for the cruise selected, it’s shown under add-ons on the app.

I can’t see a label for Addons??

home /discover /services /messenger /me ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, little britain said:

FYI, you probably will not get DBE.  Just Blue Extras.  Its something, but not as good.  DBE is where you each get an additional $100 Bar tab.  That did appear under addons.

Edited by Rogueperson

11 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

FYI, you probably will not get DBE.  Just Blue Extras.  Its something, but not as good.  DBE is where you each get an additional $100 Bar tab.  That did appear under addons.

I’ve got DBE under addons. And $100 and $300 bar tab  

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, little britain said:

I’ve got DBE under addons. And $100 and $300 bar tab  

EXCELLENT!!!!

I don't know if you read it here, but they almost only gave my wife only Blue Extras because I think last month, they changed it so anyone from here on out who does the application only gets Blue Extras for the matching.  They turned around and back tracked and said she was eligible for deep blue extras after all probably because I applied back last year and was already approved.  If  you have that in your addons, you'll get all the benefits.  How long is your cruise?

You'll find that in general, drinks are cheaper on Virgin than Royal.  A simple mixed drink like Vodka Tonic is like 13 plus tip on Royal, but on Virgin, it was $7.00.  No tip added.  They do have more expensive drinks, but I found the average was about 10 bucks per drink.  It was difficult spending $800.00 over the course of 14 nights, but we did it.  

Edited by Rogueperson

@Rogueperson he received email

Confirmation of BE today not DBE

My cruise confirmation email says $500 beer bucks ( or what ever they call them!!) but under addons it only shows $400. Perhaps the other $100 is under his? 

We only have 4n taster cruise. Could be carnage!