Suite Upgrades Promotion Through May 31, 2024

taxatty

A good result for our previously-booked Muse Mediterranean cruise next year--$2400 price reduction for a Classic Veranda Suite plus $1000 OBC, confirmed by Silversea through our TA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Doesn't come close to undoing the March price increase on my 2025 cruise.

Same here my door to door pricing is $1000 better with same OBC than the port to port now.

I received the same email with the offers this morning. Have I read it right, 1000 dollars OBC not "up to" 1000 dollars? Also, is port to port the same as cruise only please? The reason I ask is that we are only one hours flight from Athens which is a cruise I am looking at for 2025.

9 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

If I have an existing reservation am I now entitled to the $1000 OBC now offered?

If the voyage is included in the offer, not all of them are. Whoever  you manage  this with, a  SS Cruise consultant or a TA they  would be able to advise if your existing booking  qualifies for the offer. Out of four future booked cruises three apply for us and we have had significant savings plus $1K OBC added on each. I think that figure is based on double occupancy  ie $500 per guest ,x 2 in a suite equals $1000. Implying  a solo would achieve $500  and there would be no further credit  for a third guest in a suite,which some  can accommodate.

If your existing voyage  is included in the offer it is  definitely worth submitting a request to your SS Consultant or TA 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fudge said:

I received the same email with the offers this morning. Have I read it right, 1000 dollars OBC not "up to" 1000 dollars? Also, is port to port the same as cruise only please? The reason I ask is that we are only one hours flight from Athens which is a cruise I am looking at for 2025.

yes cruise only

I never received an email though we will be first time SS cruisers in June.  

My already paid for June cruise from NYC to Quebec City is $700 per person more expensive at the new "sale" price.  It only has two classes of rooms available on the Dawn left though, so perhaps it is selling well enough to not warrant a sizable discount.

However, our Panama Canal holiday cruise (FLL to LAX) was $1800 LESS per person and a 1 category upgrade to a superior veranda from a classic veranda.  Awaiting our advisor's confirmation of the discount since we only had a deposit down.

Thanks to @taxatty for starting this thread!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I notice our May Nova trip is now much more $$$ than when we booked, but is part of the "promotion" on the site. My guess is they jacked up the price to cover the upgrade and OBC. When we booked our Superior Verands there was $1k off pp and our TA got us $250 pp OBC.

Edited by DavisFLSt8

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, admranger said:

However, our Panama Canal holiday cruise (FLL to LAX) was $1800 LESS per person and a 1 category upgrade to a superior veranda from a classic veranda.  Awaiting our advisor's confirmation of the discount since we only had a deposit down.

Thanks to @taxatty for starting this thread!

So I just received an email with a new rate for my holiday panama canal cruise.  $5000 less but I have to stay in a classic veranda.  I'm fine with this outcome.

Edited by admranger
Shorten message
  • Like 2

Have claimed 3 future cruises against the Fare Guarantee and this current offer, and all have been repriced with reductions, actually sufficient to cover one of our cruises for 1 person, plus $3000 total OBC that wasn't there before! Going to have lots of massages and premium wines!! 

One thing to be aware off is that any other discounts (like 5% onboard savings, venetian society savings etc) are also scaled downwards based on the new headline fare. 

I compared my Silver Ray 2026 bookings with the current promotion.  I had booked under a suite upgrade promo in any case.  The price hikes from March were massive!  The 10 day Caribbean cruise is now $4,000 dearer and the 14 day transatlantic is $5,350 more expensive for the same cabin category.  I won't be changing or cancelling my cruises.

We have 4 booked cruises. 3 are roughly the same price as we booked with this promotion but 1 was $A6000 dearer than the price we booked for.

Just checked the door to door for UK it is 50 miles. We were OK for Tower Bridge in 2017, there was a 50 mile route.Sorry, but they are drawing in on a promise they have no intention of keeping because of the small print.

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2024 at 12:03 AM, drron29 said:

No that cruise was the one that had been booked the longest about 2 years ago. It just shows how much SS fares have gone up in that time when even a half decent promotion is still that much dearer than our original price.

Yes but I mean that, under supply and demand, there will likely be fewer cabins remaining available on that particular cruise and so they don't need to reduce so much by promotion (or even include a cruise within the promotion at all, as is the case with one of our future ones). 

And of course I'd expect cruise fares (and airlines & travel generally) to have risen from 2 years ago: the travel industry exiting from restrictions at that time and a lot has happened in the global economy & geo-politically since then. I'm sure all lines will be increasing pricing for the same reasons not just SS in isolation. 

SS say Book early for the best fares and availability. Our fares are structured to reward guests who book early with the best possible fare, and CC boards confirm this - that seems to have worked for you! 

Atb

Edited by RetiredOnVacation