Is Separate Check In Allowed?

Would my husband be allowed to check in separately?

We have 2 rooms, he is the the main name on his reservation. He is in a room with my 2 sons, one is 19, the other a minor. Would we all be allowed to check in earlier, and him later on, or would my sons not be able to board prior to him?

He will drop us off at the port with the luggage, and then return the rental car. It will probably be an hour before he returns. In the past we waited, but it was very congested. Looking for other options, but I don't know if they will allow us to check in separately.

As long as the boarding pass is on his phone, or a paper copy, he will be OK.

They will scan you and the kids that are with you, and when he gets there he can scan his. He can then bing aboard just like always. 

• Like 1

We did this exact thing on our cruise on Wonder in February. My husband dropped me and our three teenage boys off and then went and returned our rental car. The boys and I checked in and boarded without him with no issues whatsoever (we also had two cabins and my husband was the primary name on one). He managed to get on a shuttle almost immediately after dropping the car and ended up boarding about 20 minutes after we did. 

• Like 1