Leonard's Bakery Temp Closure

DCwom

Some folks have raved about Leonard's bakery and their Malasadas so I figured I'd add a favorite in Google maps for our upcoming trip in May. Well I noticed that their website says they are closed for construction from now (April 15th until early May), hopefully they will reopen before our trip. I know they aren't the only makers of Malasads, but they are the only one whose name I remember. They do say their 4 MalsadaMobiles are still operating.

2 hours ago, DCwom said:

Some folks have raved about Leonard's bakery and their Malasadas so I figured I'd add a favorite in Google maps for our upcoming trip in May. Well I noticed that their website says they are closed for construction from now (April 15th until early May), hopefully they will reopen before our trip. I know they aren't the only makers of Malasads, but they are the only one whose name I remember. They do say their 4 MalsadaMobiles are still operating.

You might also try Home Maid Bakery on  Lower Main Street in Wailuku on Maui.  Off the beaten path and a real local place, but close to the POA.  No advertising out front.  You can google it.  Their malasadas are very popular.  They were said to be closing, but they are not - at least for now.

17 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

You might also try Home Maid Bakery on  Lower Main Street in Wailuku on Maui.  Off the beaten path and a real local place, but close to the POA.  No advertising out front.  You can google it.  Their malasadas are very popular.  They were said to be closing, but they are not - at least for now.

Aloha SilverSweatheart :). We just spent a day upcountry admiring your gorgeous jacaranda trees in bloom. Such a lovely part of the island you call home.

Just a FYI, it looks like Home Made Bakery decided to close after all. There was talk of closing, then not closing, but this article published yesterday states they changed their minds again and will close at the end of this month.

https://mauinow.com/2024/04/18/home-maid-bakery-to-close-its-lower-main-street-location-on-april-29-potential-partnership-is-in-the-works/