A safe beach nearby?

Itchy&Scratchy

This will be our second time in Belize, but the first time with both our kid (who didn't even exist during our first time in Belize) and my parents.  I would love to go cave tubing again - it was a lot of fun, but my dad can barely walk, so a 40 minute walk would be impossible....

I'd leave him on the ship and take my mom with us (she is in better physical shape than I am), but I am sure she is not going to want to leave him on the ship alone. I probably wouldn't want to leave both of them on the ship alone either, although my mom tells me it's fine....

Which brings me to the next question - is there a nice beach not too far away (umbrellas or palapas are a must) that we could take a taxi to? How much would a taxi be for 5 people? Is it relatively safe to venture out on our own?

I searched this board for any info on beaches and came up with pretty much nada.

Might look into taking the kids and mom or even dad to the zoo.  Can use a wheel chair at the zoo.  It is mostly all rescue animals from Belize only and it very interesting to kids.  Probably 45 minutes from Belize city.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here is a link to the zoo.  If it fits your budget the VIP tour is a great tour as you feed many of the animals and see them up close.  My grandkids loved it so did I!  

Tours and Animal Experiences - The Belize Zoo

and a get video to give you an idea how cool it is.  

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most who desire beach or snorkel time take an excursion out to one of the many islands on the barrier reef.  There are many venders at the port selling such excursions and others pre-sell online.  Usually it is about 45 minute boat ride out to the islands.  Some have chairs.  few have umbrellas.  But the islands themselves are right out of a tourist brochure.

• Like 1