Fort Lauderdale - Port of Miami and back

9tee2Sea

I have a tentative cruise planned in March 2025.  Cruise leaves Port of Miami.  Thinking of flying into Fort Lauderdale, stay two days in Fort Lauderdale.  Take Brighline,bus, or ride share/taxi to Port Of Miami ( or as close as one could get) on embarkation day.  Here is my question....should I fly back home

( Los Angeles) from Miami, or do round trip Fort Lauderdale?  Just seems easier to fly out of Miami after a cruise back to LA.  Both flight times are ok

( both airports would get me back to Los Angeles late eve).  Im not fond of staying two days pre cruise in Miami , did that last year.

It would seem pretty obvious that flying out of MIA is easier, but that being said, both are busy airports, especially as you take the time to get from PortMiami to FLL, you would arrive in the middle of the morning rush from Port Everglades.

There are shared shuttles between POM to FLL starting at about $15 per person and the ride takes about 40 minutes.  The ride from MIA to POM takes about 20 minutes - the logistics are not that different.  Choose the flight that works best for you.