Will Viking give on board credit for Stock ownership?

oskidunker

5 hours ago, Mike07 said:

I think you would be shocked how little effect it would have on VIK's stock price. CCL already has an OBC for shareholders, carries many times more passengers across all of their brands and has largely been a big nothing burger over the last year.

Agreed on the lack of stock price impact.

OBC is a pleasant perk - if you know that you're going to take multiple trips with a line, it's easy to do the math and see if buying the share minimum is a good idea. For many on CCL, NCL or RCCI who have cashed in multiple OBCs, their shares have been essentially free - so not too bad a nothing burger.

That said, Viking's historical approach has not embraced loyalty programs, so I won't lose sleep waiting for a shareholder one! 🍺🥌

• Like 4

Does a $100/$200 OBC really move your needle for buying a cruise?  I personally despise all the manufactured "status" conferred by such programs.  

• Like 4

For a while, the Walt Disney Company offered special perks to shareholders. You could get early admission to the parks, and skip some lines within the parks.  It was a nice perk.

After a while, they realized people would pay them for this benefit, and away it went.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

For a while, the Walt Disney Company offered special perks to shareholders. You could get early admission to the parks, and skip some lines within the parks.  It was a nice perk.

After a while, they realized people would pay them for this benefit, and away it went.

Mouse has never seen a buck it didn't like

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 12:01 PM, Gangway said:

I purchased Royal Caribbean for the onboard credit. I also purchased NCL and Carnival for the same reason. I just received $250 on board credit with Silversea since they are now owned by Royal Caribbean.

I think Viking will offer the stockholder benefits to compete. It would also help drive the stock price up if more people bought them.

Non sequitur. For by the same reasoning, Viking would have long abandoned its most aggressive (in the industry) advance full payment policy vis a vis its competitors.

• Like 2