restrooms horizons nautica

Kay S

I don't  see restrooms for Horizons on the Nautica deck plans.  The last R class ship I was on had restrooms just inside the entrances on both sides.  What is the story?

5 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I don't  see restrooms for Horizons on the Nautica deck plans.  The last R class ship I was on had restrooms just inside the entrances on both sides.  What is the story?

Which R ship were you on? Does it show them on that deck plan?  As I recall on Sirena they had them as you entered also but they do not show up on the Sirena deck plan either. 

3 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Which R ship were you on? Does it show them on that deck plan?  As I recall on Sirena they had them as you entered also but they do not show up on the Sirena deck plan either. 

The one Azamara bought from Princess (maybe there were two?)  The name has left my brain. 🙂

The only Oceania ship which has restrooms on the same deck as Horizons is Sirena … starboard.

IMO poor design to have a large gathering area and bar with no restrooms and having to go down 1 deck. 😳

Maybe the only R ship, but on Marina, restrooms are in th outer area of Horizons. I assume Riviera is the same.

5 hours ago, ICT lineman said:

The only Oceania ship which has restrooms on the same deck as Horizons is Sirena … starboard.

IMO poor design to have a large gathering area and bar with no restrooms and having to go down 1 deck. 😳

22 minutes ago, ICT lineman said:

Yes, the only R ship is Sirena … located were deck plan says Artist loft.

Riviera and Marina have restrooms outside Horizons.

The deck plan for Vista DOES NOT.

Vista does have large restrooms right outside of Horizons on both sides

49 minutes ago, basor said:

Vista does have large restrooms right outside of Horizons on both sides

Good to know about Vista … the Oceania website Deck plan does not show that.

Will be onboard this November for a TA.

24 minutes ago, ICT lineman said:

Good to know about Vista … the Oceania website Deck plan does not show that.

Will be onboard this November for a TA.

First hand experience when on Vista in November. 😜

21 hours ago, Kay S said:

If I remember correctly, when they put in the smoking rooms, the washrooms in Horizons were eliminated on the the Regatta, Insignia and Nautica.  It is a nuisance.

12 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

If I remember correctly, when they put in the smoking rooms, the washrooms in Horizons were eliminated on the the Regatta, Insignia and Nautica.  It is a nuisance.

Of course I can't find it now, Murphy's law says I'll find it a month from now and not remember why I was even looking for it, but I have a deck Plan of Insignia in her initial layout with Ren. Cruises.  The area where the Artist's loft is actually had slot machines initially.  I think R7 could have been the first to not have slots there, but I could be VERY wrong on that.  You can still the the remnants of what could be considered "The Cage" or cashier booth today (It is used as someone's office).  The bathrooms were always on Deck 9, in the space directly above on 10 is the emergency generator.  

The R class ships that have restrooms in Horizons were all additions added by other operators over the years (ie Princess).  Sirena's deck 4 also differs slightly from the other R classes that weren't modified by Princess.  The last few Portside Oceanview cabins were modified to create a couple of accessible cabins which were not part of the initial arrangement.  

• Thanks 1