Pre-cruise Princess land tour in Japan

Kinkacruiser

Greetings All,

We are looking to book a Japan pre-cruise a  5-day land tour and follow up with the  9-day Japan circumnavigation cruise in June 2025 or 2026.

My husband will be 82  then and I'm somewhat concerned at the amount of walking involved on the land tour component. I understand the bus groups are smallish (under 20 persons). I am quite fit and 9 years younger and would really enjoy seeing Japan in a little more depth than is afforded with one day in port.

I would appreciate your comments as to the mobility issue that my husband could face. If you are familiar with the land tour component of this Princess cruisetour, I would really like to hear from you.

Cheers,

Anna

I have no experience with a Princess land tour but am posting from Japan as we have just ended B2B  Celebrity cruises, and have also spent three weeks in Japan previously.  

At the ancient shrines and temples expect many uneven steps and limited stair railings.  We were talking to a woman onboard who uses a cane, and she said at times she struggled.  In the US we are so accustomed to ADA standards and I really wondered if she had assumed the rest of the world is the same.

Agree with @Northern Aurora, most sights require long walks, stairs (many very steep). We returned from a cruise (not Princess) last month where many passengers had canes, walkers and struggled on shore excursions - some cruise lines offer Accessible tours but don't recall seeing any on our Japan/South Korea cruise. We had a pre-cruise land tour in Tokyo and the sights also required long walks from designated parking areas.