MSC Math when cancelling

xcell

Posted (edited)

MSC YACHT CLUB 5 TO 14 NIGHTS:

Cancel 61 days or longer prior to departure: Deposit Non−Refundable

Cancel 60−46 days prior to departure: 50% of the total fare*

Cancel 45−16 days prior to departure: 75% of the total fare*

I have a cabin of 4, 3 adults and one youth.

I booked my trip onboard and deposits were $199 per adult and nothing for the youth -- total $597.

I might have to cancel one of the adults, so MSC cancellation policy is a little different than others, in that 61 days or longer, I would only lose the deposit (and wait forever for my refund for the adult that cannot go).

What is weird is the inconsistency with the MSC agent, one told my TA that I would lose $199 (which makes sense) but the other said I would lost $597 (total of all three deposits).

Any one been in the same boat (I mean ship)... and side question, how long did it take to get your refund.

This situation would be easily solved if my DD (the one that might have to cancel) can just go but we won't find out until mid may (within the 61 days or longer).

Edited by xcell

Read the MSC policy that you posted.

You lose the deposit. No refund.

Whether is just $199 or $597 depends on the MSC policy on when changes are considered are cancellation. You need to look at the terms and conditions for your specific booking. 

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Read the MSC policy that you posted.

You lose the deposit. No refund.

Whether is just $199 or $597 depends on the MSC policy on when changes are considered are cancellation. You need to look at the terms and conditions for your specific booking. 

I know but is it the deposit of the person who is cancelling (the other 3 will still be going) or the entire deposit...that's what not specified.   Logic would dictate that it would just be the deposit of the person not going, which is $199 not the $597.  I am not complaining about losing the deposit, I'm just trying to clarify msc math skills.