Get Your Guide Tours

Posted (edited)

I have used them on land vacations in Europe, not on cruises.   They are a booking agent, offering the opportunity to book tours offered by multiple tour companies.  I have always been satisfied with tours booked through them. The times and duration of the tours have dependably matched the descriptions, which would be very important if you are considering them for a cruise port tour.  

As they are a booking agent and not a tour provider, you can do independent research on the company actually running the tour.   The Get Your Guide description will tell you the name of the operator.

An advantage to using Get Your Guide rather than booking directly with the tour provider is that, in most cases in my experience, you can reserve your place, but your credit card won't be charged until a few days before the tour.  This offers flexibility if your plans change and is even better than canceling a paid tour and waiting for a refund.  

I had to miss a tour once at the last minute because I wasn't feeling well, and there was no refund.   So that would presumably also be the case if your ship missed a port, or arrived late into port, without notice due to weather or some other unexpected issue.  

Edited by Joanne G.

8 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

I have used them on land vacations in Europe, not on cruises.   They are a booking agent, offering the opportunity to book tours offered by multiple tour companies.  I have always been satisfied with tours booked through them. The times and duration of the tours have dependably matched the descriptions, which would be very important if you are considering them for a cruise port tour.  

As they are a booking agent and not a tour provider, you can do independent research on the company actually running the tour.   The Get Your Guide description will tell you the name of the operator.

An advantage to using Get Your Guide rather than booking directly with the tour provider is that, in most cases in my experience, you can reserve your place, but your credit card won't be charged until a few days before the tour.  This offers flexibility if your plans change and is even better than canceling a paid tour and waiting for a refund.  

I had to miss a tour once at the last minute because I wasn't feeling well, and there was no refund.   So that would presumably also be the case if your ship missed a port, or arrived late into port, without notice due to weather or some other unexpected issue.  

Thank you so much.  The tour I’m thinking about has plenty of time before the ship sails.

I've used them probably 5 times, couple US, three in Europe. No issues but definitely read the reviews that are posted. Not all tours are equal. Also, as stated above, they are just a booking agent so keep that in mind. For one tour that went to Stonehenge, I looked at Get Your Guide then just google tours to Stonehenge and found the company these used (or at least think I did). Saved probably 30% on it by doing it but also researched the reviews of the actual tour company.