Tipping on beverage packages

Jaylie

I just bought the deluxe beverage package for all my adult children (4) and the non-alcoholic package for the three grandchildren (13, 14, 15) for our July cruise to Nova Scotia on the Liberty of the Seas. My question is … will I have to pay gratuities every time we get a drink? If the answer is NO, I won’t be charged at the end of the cruise for gratuities for all the drinks, will I? I know there is a general gratuity for each person in each stateroom per day. Thanks. I’m trying to finalize my cruise budget!

Posted (edited)

When you purchase any type of beverage package, RCI automatically charges you an additional 18% for gratuities. If you look at your receipt for the packages you purchased, you should see that amount reflected. You will not be charged anything further.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 2

As noted above, you are under no obligation to tip over and above what you have already paid when you purchased the drink package.

You are certainly free to slip your server / bar tender a buck or two when they bring your drinks, it does seem to make getting another round just a little quicker and easier 🍹