Dialysis on Carnival

I am cruising on Carnival next summer and will be doing treatments on board.

Did you bring all your supplies with you or had liquids delivered by NxStage?

Did you check everything except machine or carry on all?

Can you take your equipment to your cabin when you board or wait until after 1:30?

Thank you so much your your help and suggestions.

Don't forget you need to report to Carnival's Access Department that you are on dialysis and will be bringing supplies.   Have you seen their page about this?   

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs

You might find this interesting.   It's a few years old but has timely tips.  

https://homedialysis.org/news-and-research/blog/196-cruising-with-home-dialysis-tips-from-a-platinum-cruiser

Never, not ever, let your life saving equipment out of your sight.  

I have already talked to Access Department, everything has been noted and I was told on what I need from doctor, etc.

I read the post from Dialysis from a platinum cruiser and she stated she turned everything over to the porters to be hand delivered and that just didn't sit well with me. I honestly didn't think they would do that.

I'm just hoping when I carry on I can take directly to room. Its way too much stuff and heavy to haul around until 1:30.  We would have to carry on machine, 7 cs of dialysate and 2 carryon bags full of supplies. That's on top of regular luggage.

Oh the things my husband does for me. Lol

We do plan on a later check-in for that reason so hopefully it all works out.

Thank you all.

37 minutes ago, elvisrocks said:

I have already talked to Access Department, everything has been noted and I was told on what I need from doctor, etc.

I read the post from Dialysis from a platinum cruiser and she stated she turned everything over to the porters to be hand delivered and that just didn't sit well with me. I honestly didn't think they would do that.

I'm just hoping when I carry on I can take directly to room. Its way too much stuff and heavy to haul around until 1:30.  We would have to carry on machine, 7 cs of dialysate and 2 carryon bags full of supplies. That's on top of regular luggage.

Oh the things my husband does for me. Lol

We do plan on a later check-in for that reason so hopefully it all works out.

Thank you all.

I would take on with you. When my dad had to do dialysis his supplies were misplaced and we had to get off of the ship and catch up with it a few days later. After that we always hand carried. Carnival reimbursed us all oof pur expenses to catch up with ship plus pur cruise cares. We were using Baxter and did everything we were supposed to do prior to the cruise.

Thank you so much for this information and that is great to know. We're not with Baxter but maybe not worth the chance. My first time to cruise on Dialysis so it will be an adventure for sure.