First time on RC...pre-cruise credit???

When I logged on to look at my booked and PIF cruise for Alaska in July a banner came up that I have "pre-cruise" credit. Does that mean I have to spend it BEFORE the cruise??  Or can I use it after boarding?  I have always had credit on Carnival and like to use it on embarkation photos..I assume they do that with RC??  (photo with backdrop of the ship and date of cruise)

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

No, anything you don't use "pre-cruise" can be used onboard. It will appear in your onboard account.

My travel agent said it had to be used before the cruise...but it's not from them so I will go with your info.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, snorkler8 said:

I have always had credit on Carnival and like to use it on embarkation photos..I assume they do that with RC

Yes, but, you can't pick and choose what to use that credit for once on board. Once on board it just goes towards the first X dollars charged to your account.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, but, you can't pick and choose what to use that credit for once on board. Once on board it just goes towards the first X dollars charged to your account.

Can that charge be made in the photo gallery when I go look for the embarkation photo? I assume they do those photos just like Carnival does....?  Once on board everything is charged on your room card...

1 minute ago, snorkler8 said:

Can that charge be made in the photo gallery when I go look for the embarkation photo? I assume they do those photos just like Carnival does....?  Once on board everything is charged on your room card...

Yes, if the first thing you do when you get on board is get that photo, that'll likely be the first thing charged to your account, therefore using that OBC

• Like 1