Normandy D-Day excursion on NCL

1 hour ago, kodos said:

To my surprise NCL didn't offer one when I was there last year but I can highly recommend overlord tour.

Overlord is fabulous, and books up early.   Check them out on the France Ports of Call forum.

• Like 1

We went on the ncl sponsored normandy shore excursion.  The format was satisfactory, but our particular tour guide was horrible.  We went thru miles of shoreline and she was absolutely quiet.  No commentary.  The individual beach heads weren’t pointed out.  No backstories of d day.  I think other buses probably had better guides.  We just got a bad one.  My husband knew more about d day than the guide.  The tour took us to all the right places.

5 hours ago, Cigar King said:

We traveled with the WWII Museum tour group for the 75th Anniversary. Possibly the best trip of my life!  It's a bit pricey, but absolutely worth every penny.

2 hours ago, njkate said:

Nice but $$$$$

Yes, but you get what you pay for.  We have taken several trips with the WW II Museum travel department.  You might be able to save a little money on some other tour, but you can savor the wonderful memories from the WW II tours.

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

Yes, but you get what you pay for.  We have taken several trips with the WW II Museum travel department.  You might be able to save a little money on some other tour, but you can savor the wonderful memories from the WW II tours.

Oh I get it but it’s entirely out of my budget

I did this tour in October on the Dawn. Some of it was very good and some of it was not. The lunch was not very good and a waste of time, over an hour and a half. The movie we saw at the theater was also not very good. There was a nice store after the movie to purchase Normandy things. However, we did get to see many different places and it really was breathtaking. Could you find a better tour elsewhere? Sure. But if it is a choice between NCL tour or skipping Normandy, take the tour.

I did not look for other tours, as I travel solo and mostly prefer the “safety” of NCL tours.

• Like 1