Found this little cutie above the elevator...

I probably shouldn't be this excited, but it's my first cruise duck.

Am I supposed to rehide it on this cruise or a future cruise? I have not seen one kid on this cruise.  

Happy Sailing!

Very much enjoying the Spirit. I am not even remotely doing a "Live from" or even a "Semi-Live from" but I am happy to try to answer questions if anyone has any. 

20240423_202911.jpg

• Like 6

Since it is your first one, I'd say keep it as a souvenir! It's up to you if you want to keep or re-hide. We just finished a B2B on the Spirit and loved it. I hope you are having a fabulous time.

• Like 2

He's a cutie!  I wasn't even looking on our Viva March cruise but found one and was so excited!  I knew about it, but wasn't on the look out.  I ended up finding another one and we re-hid one and I did keep that first one as a fun memory. 

I found one once, didnt know what to do with it.  Gave it to the first kid I saw.  From what I have heard, I think you are to post a pic on social media of the duck and where you found it.  It seems the game with the ducks is to have a traveling profile of the rubber duck.   Kind of like the Traveling Gnome thing a few years ago.  I choose not to partake in the duck hunt game.  Next time I see one, I will tell someone where they can find a duck

Posted (edited)

Inspired by this thread, I decided to order ducks for our June sailing on the Jewel. I almost went with the standard pirates/sailors versions, but decided to mix it up with these lovely mermaids.

IMG_4821.thumb.jpeg.3440150adb682d476b88d0c46112dea5.jpeg

Edited by MohrPfun
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You have opened the proverbial can of worms with this. People on these boards either hate these ducks or find it an amusing game to take part in.

For the haters, I will save you the trouble…

Ducks are….

A nuisance that prove no purpose

The crew hates them because they are a hassle for the crew to pick up and throw away

Bad for the environment

Are a silly thing that takes up too much space in your luggage

i happen to find them a fun tradition of cruising. There are so many different varieties and many clever notes that people attach to them that 

they make me smile.
It is especially nice to find one when our preschool granddaughter is with us or when an adult who has found one comes up to her and gives it to her.

When I find one, I re hide it or pass it along to a child I see.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Or like Flat Stanley?

11 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I found one once, didnt know what to do with it.  Gave it to the first kid I saw.  From what I have heard, I think you are to post a pic on social media of the duck and where you found it.  It seems the game with the ducks is to have a traveling profile of the rubber duck.   Kind of like the Traveling Gnome thing a few years ago.  I choose not to partake in the duck hunt game.  Next time I see one, I will tell someone where they can find a duck

Based on this feedback I am going to have him travel a bit with me on my next cruise on the Sun.  Maybe there will be some kids on the Alaska cruise.  🏔️🛳️🐳

If not, I will rehide him anyway.  Hopefully a non-cruise duck hater will find them for a little bit of joy on their cruise.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, trivia addict said:

You have opened the proverbial can of worms with this. People on these boards either hate these ducks or find it an amusing game to take part in.

For the haters, I will save you the trouble…

I had no idea cruise ducks evoked feelings on the level of tipping.  😁

• Haha 4

Hater is a very strong word.  I find it to be a silly game, that I don't partake in.  But like in life, to each their own.  I can do what I want, without hurting anyone in the process.  

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Hater is a very strong word.  I find it to be a silly game, that I don't partake in.  But like in life, to each their own.  I can do what I want, without hurting anyone in the process.  

Calm down. A little hyperbole was used for humor. We are talking about plastic ducks here, not people!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trivia addict said:

Calm down. A little hyperbole was used for humor. We are talking about plastic ducks here, not people!

Right?  Maggie and her Mermaid sisters agree (they arrived today!!!)

IMG_4831.thumb.jpeg.1e544aead8cc9916fe7e80ccf39896f9.jpegIMG_4829.thumb.jpeg.9dbb1c3082c188e06a3390611c104536.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Or chair hogs?

These Ladies resent the implication that they would ever be considered chair hogs, but are also very troubled that you may have just called them fat.

IMG_4833.thumb.jpeg.6bbb60e12de198b448e7d3b09e2bffd3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, MohrPfun said:

Right?  Maggie and her Mermaid sisters agree (they arrived today!!!)

IMG_4831.thumb.jpeg.1e544aead8cc9916fe7e80ccf39896f9.jpegIMG_4829.thumb.jpeg.9dbb1c3082c188e06a3390611c104536.jpeg

Love the strategic clamshells. Never found one, but would enjoy getting one for the grands. What’s wrong with a bit of fun in life?

• Like 2

We’ve not been doing the duck thing. However, today we stepped on the elevator and found this cute little one! My wife named him tweet-tweet and is keeping him. 
He is very tiny. Perfect size. 

Definitely has piqued our interest in this ducky thing now! 😍😍

IMG_0781.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wncretired said:

We’ve not been doing the duck thing. However, today we stepped on the elevator and found this cute little one! My wife named him tweet-tweet and is keeping him. 
He is very tiny. Perfect size. 

Definitely has piqued our interest in this ducky thing now! 😍😍

IMG_0781.jpeg

OMG - Super cute!