Amsterdam from Rotterdam?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum after booking MSC Virtuosa May 2025, visiting Rotterdam, Zeebrugge and Cherbourg. 

My husband and I two years ago got a complimentary sailing on Virgin Voyages Valiant Lady around the Med for 7 nights after they cancelled a weekend to Bruges. We absolutely LOVED that ship but with two children now we're focussing on more family friendly ships.

My question is, does anyone know if MSC offer more excursions closer to the sail date? We're over a year away still but the only option for Amsterdam is a tour that includes a canal tour and a bus tour and then a few hours free time. We'd prefer just a shuttle there are back and from watching a few vlogs of the same itinerary, it seems as though they have done just a basic shuttle excursion previously.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a tour company who may offer such a thing? I'm happy to do our own thing for Bruges as it's much closer but I'd be nervous making our own way to Amsterdam from Rotterdam due to it being about 1.5 hours away and having two children in tow.

Many thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  There are lots of places to find info here, and one is the Ports of Call boards.  There is one for Northern Europe and I am sure you can find info there.  Many people recommend the train, which seems to be quite easy and reasonable.  EM

On 4/24/2024 at 2:38 PM, dmck14 said:

We're over a year away still but the only option for Amsterdam is a tour that includes a canal tour and a bus tour and then a few hours free time.

MSC is offering exactly this. But your cruise is so far away, probably it is not available yet. The Code is RTM08. Just check every one or two month. It will not be sold out, European cruisers do not like so much booking long in advance.