Anyone on the Encore right now? Question on app menus

I have been waiting patiently 🙂 for the Encore to go around the Cape of Good Hope and resume regular cruising with passengers, I have enjoyed browsing the daily menus on the Seabourn App until this change of schedule. The Encore has now been cruising the Mediterranean for almost a week (today docked at Dubrovnik), however I can still see the old menus from the last cruise back in March. Does anyone have any information on this? If you are on the Encore now: Can you see the daily menus?

Posted (edited)

Likewise I can no longer view the current daily menus in the Source app for Ovation.  Our cruise is later in 2024 and we are US based.  I think Seabourn may have disabled viewing of the menus unless you are on the ship's wi-fi.  If anyone can still view menus from their home for a future cruise booking please identify the ship you are sailing on.  I have tried deleting the app and loading it again, did not bring back the menus.

Edited by stan01

22 minutes ago, stan01 said:

Likewise I can no longer view the current daily menus in the Source app for Ovation.  Our cruise is later in 2024 and we are US based.  I think Seabourn may have disabled viewing of the menus unless you are on the ship's wi-fi.  If anyone can still view menus from their home for a future cruise booking please identify the ship you are sailing on.  I have tried deleting the app and loading it again, did not bring back the menus.

Same situation here…can no longer view the daily menus for sojourn

nancy 

15 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

Likewise, for the past week I haven't been able to view the daily menus for Quest, which is the ship we will be next sailing.  Hope it's just a temporary situation

When are you sailing quest?  We’re on the Oct 18 sailing

Nancy

We're going to be on Quest from Sept 12 through Oct 6, 2024.

Then we get back onboard November 27, 2024 through January 13, 2025.

Looks like you'll be on in between our two cruises...poor timing!

• Like 1

I have not been able to see the menus for over a month on the Encore. I was seeing the last night before they repositioned, deleted the app and reinstalled and now it doesn’t show anything. I was hoping to plan our visit to Solis to match a nice menu. We sail in 19 days

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

Not having been on a Seabourn ship for a few years, those menus look wonderful - assuming the cooking and service is up to scratch.  It would be hard to make a choice - need to be aboard for a few weeks to try everything out!  Is it as good a it looks, kpcg?

A friend onboard sent photos of the ribbon cutting and then dined in Solis after and she said it was wonderful. She is European and enjoyed the ambience in TK but felt the menu was heavy whereas she was able to chose a lighter more Mediterranean meal in Solis.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lincslady said:

Not having been on a Seabourn ship for a few years, those menus look wonderful - assuming the cooking and service is up to scratch.  It would be hard to make a choice - need to be aboard for a few weeks to try everything out!  Is it as good a it looks, kpcg?

Yes, very good. We haven't managed to get a Solis reservation as there's limited capacity for the first week of opening, and we couldn't make an online reservation before boarding. Hopefully we'll be back to try it next time!

• Like 1

We were one of the lucky 60 guests who were able to dine at Solis on the Encore last night. The food and service were excellent. I especially loved the breads and spreads that are set out soon after you sit down--a croissant-like sharing-sized round roll and three kinds of bread sticks/lavash crackers served with pepper, zucchini/boursin cheese, and sweet carrot spreads. (The green was my fave!) Also especially impressive was the tzatziki served with thin zucchini and eggplant slices, and we've had lots of yummy tzatziki on land throughout this Mediterranean sailing to compare it to.

20240502_192833.jpg

• Like 3