Queen Anne theatre

TowandaUK

Looking forward to theatre productions, especially after seeing teasers from David Pugh on social media. Disappointed that there are no boxes. From pictures I’ve seen it looks more like our local multi screen cinema - a long thin box. However pictures can be deceptive so I’m excited to find out for myself. 
My query is that I have seen Cunard post a comment on social media that for some theatre productions you will need to book. Certainly pictures of the theatre show numbering and letters on rows of seats. Bright Lights also has to be booked apparently. Is this normal on Cunard or something new on Anne?

• Like 1

Bright Lights is a completely new concept on Cunard Line , Cunard have been very quiet on providing us with more information relating to this venue. What we understand is, there probably will be a need to book 'a table' for the early evenings performances we understand it's a sort of supper club ?  however, after the performance is over the venue is open to all for late night dancing.

Re; booking for some Theatre productions , I expect Cunard are referring to one-off  famous entertainers such as Russell Watson.(May 3rd)  I believe we will need to collect a ticket for whichever performance we opt to attend. Very much the same as some other famous entertainers I've had the opportunity experience over the years on QM2 ( Sting, Carly Simon, James Taylor to name a few)    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TowandaUK said:

Looking forward to theatre productions, especially after seeing teasers from David Pugh on social media. Disappointed that there are no boxes. From pictures I’ve seen it looks more like our local multi screen cinema - a long thin box. However pictures can be deceptive so I’m excited to find out for myself. 
My query is that I have seen Cunard post a comment on social media that for some theatre productions you will need to book. Certainly pictures of the theatre show numbering and letters on rows of seats. Bright Lights also has to be booked apparently. Is this normal on Cunard or something new on Anne?

The deck plan looks better. Almost as wide as it is deep. I think the photos are deceptive. 

IMG_6374.jpeg

• Like 1

A friend who has performed on all three existing Queens has said the QA theatre will be superior because of its design. Acoustics will be better. I don’t fully understand but trust their expertise in this area.

Excited for Bright Lights. Just hope it doesn’t become a Beatles tribute venue (far too much Beatles on Cunard ships). 

• Like 2

Doesn’t sound like it will be dominated by Beatles music ……

“Experiences will include a burlesque cabaret performance, a seductive cinematic production and a full sensory experience encapsulating smell, taste, feel, sound and light. Step into an ongoing story over the course of your voyage, and navigate the narrative as you choose”

2 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

Doesn’t sound like it will be dominated by Beatles music ……

“Experiences will include a burlesque cabaret performance, a seductive cinematic production and a full sensory experience encapsulating smell, taste, feel, sound and light. Step into an ongoing story over the course of your voyage, and navigate the narrative as you choose”

Nothing wrong with Beatles music for a good old sing song... I remember way back in the 80s a feature of my Club18-30s ski holiday in Mayrhofen was dancing on the tables in Hotel Strauss to a guitarist singing Beatles songs.

Those were the days (no that's not a Beatles song - Mary Hopkin wasn't it?)

I suspect however, that this would not be appropriate for the Bright Lights? Maybe Virgin Voyages?

(sorry, I digress...)