Available cabins?

I don't know how likely it is but yes it can happen as travel agents release rooms they have on hold, folks upgrade or cancel, etc.

You could try calling in to Carnival, sometimes the agents over the phone (or PVPs if you have one) can grab a room that may not be showing on the web.

• Like 1

my PVP was able to get us a balcony on the Horizon on our April 13 2024 sailing, we booked 10 days before the cruise, so they can sometimes find rooms if you cannot, I was not able to see any when I tried to book.

3 hours ago, lostsoulcruiser said:

If possible, consider booking the balcony guarantee category.  Carnival may not be showing all cabins available (My PVP told me that once, cannot confirm). Worst case is the cove balcony.

Most cruiselines won't let you book fewer people in a cabin than its maximum capacity (e.g , you can't put 1 or 2 people in a cabin that holds 3 or 4).  To see those open cabins, you have to search with 3 or 4 passengers.  Sometimes a cruise line agent can/will book you into those with fewer passengers than maximum capacity.

Sometimes (especially in off-peak periods) all 2-person cabins in a category are booked so you can only book 2 people into a guarantee (this sounds like OP's situation), and closer to sailing you'll be assigned to a 3- or 4- person cabin as the cruise line determines how many are not likely to be booked with 3 or 4 passengers.