Psuedo last minute booking (>3 mos): Going on the Splendor from Australia to Singapore

Eli_6

So, my Princess world cruise "segment" that was supposed to go from Australia to Asia to Middle East to Europe was re-routed so that it is now a 41-day cruise with 31 sea days with no stops in Asia or Middle East.  Further, I have been to 1/3 of the ports it goes to already and have no interest in a couple of the others.  I am canceling it and started looking for a substitute.  There are not very many summer cruises to Asia other than just the ones that go around Japan. However, I found the Carnival Splendor going from Australia to Singapore July 21 to August 5th.  It is less than 3 months away but was able to find 2 reward Biz tickets to Australia and 2 more reward biz from Singapore back to Houston.  Husband can't go on short notice and my younger son said he didn't want to go. Older son is all in, though, and super excited.  So, it will be and my 11-year-old going around the world...literally.  Will anyone else be on this cruise: Sydney to Singapore July 21 to August 5?  Anything I should know? Any tips on traveling in this part of the world?