Nassau- what to do when in port

KPookey

I’ve been to Nassau a few times, it’s been a few years. We are coming soon on a Carnival ship. I know I’m not staying in port!!!!
Any day pass close to the ship (even Paradise Island) worth it? 
Has anyone done the excursion with the pigs? I swear I’ve been to that beach area 20 years ago on a booze cruise.

Has anyone done the Blue lagoon sea lion excursion.  One more question…anyone know the difference blue lagoon family day vs adults only?  I assuming different parts of same beach. 

thanks 😊

It has been a long time since we were in Nassau, looks like they have improved the port area from a you tubes that I came across.  Thought about staying on the ship but might get off to check it out, looking forward to more info on here. 

Just returned from 3 night cruise to Nassau.  There were 5 or 6 ships in port so a lot of people.  The port area was pretty nice with restrooms, lots of vendors, food and drinks, hair braiders, etc. We just walked around the area close to the port, had lunch and drinks, and returned to the ship.  It was very crowded and hot so preferred to relax on the ship.  Our daughter did the ship excursion that included swimming with the pigs.  She really enjoyed it.  They had a short boat ride to the beach which was pretty and then were assigned a half hour time with the pigs.  She got some good pictures.  They fed apples on skewers to the pigs and she even got to hold a piglet.  The excursion included a lunch of beans and rice, fish, chicken.  She'd recommend it.

On 4/29/2024 at 2:06 PM, mjkacmom said:

The pig thing is weird to me, trying to mimic exuma by bringing farm pigs to a beach.

Not to mention the “poop in the water” factor 🙊🙈🙉