embarkation

MikeD1000

We haven't sailed with Silversea for some time, we are due on Wind in 2 weeks time. We can't find information on boarding or life boat drill. Any help would be so appreciated

Posted (edited)

What information are you after?  Usually the boarding time is provided in your electronic documents.  It could vary by port, but is usually from midday onwards.  Often advertised as 2:00pm though. The departure time of the ship is noted, and all aboard will be an hour before that.

You need to watch the emergency procedures video on the television in your cabin and press “okay” or similar to show you have done so.  You can watch as you unpack.  The time of muster in the lounge will be shown in the daily newsletter in your cabin, and will be before the ship departs its berth.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 1

When we boarded Whisper in Auckland in January, our documents said boarding was 2 pm.  We walked by the pier at 12:30 and boarding was in full swing (must have started no later than noon), so we hustled back to the hotel and were on well before the posted boarding time.

10 hours ago, MikeD1000 said:

We tried and they were less than helpful

I have never called the dedicated cruise line customer service in my country. Instead, I use skype to call the cruise line customer service number in the US. As long as it is a toll free number, it is free.

A few months ago I contacted SS UK to ask for help with an IT issue. They had fiddled with something and merged two  "my silversea" accounts and in essence I could not check details of our recently booked cruise.

Entirely their fault. 

The helpful reply from my PCC was that SS would not assist me as I had used a travel agent and it was up to them to contact SS?

Said PCC is now aware that I will not deal with her again!