Do NCL charter flights wait?

On our upcoming Star trip from Reykjavik to Tromso, the disembark start time was updated to 4am.

The NCL flight we just got has us on a 6am charter flight which does not seem like enough time to disembark, transfer, and check into the airline. I called NCL and the air department claims that the plane will wait because it is a charter. We also have the NCL transfer booked.

Anyone have experience with NCL charter flights and if they wait for everyone to make it?

10 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If it's a charter flight, NCL likely knows what's happening. I think you'll be fine since every single person on the flight is going to be in the same....uhhh....plane? 

I don't trust NCL too much 😀

Never expected that using the BOGO would have resulted in this situation with a charter that on paper looks like most people would not make it.

13 minutes ago, boxedmoon said:

Never expected that using the BOGO would have resulted in this situation with a charter that on paper looks like most people would not make it.

I don't really blame you...but given it's a charter...are you also using NCL transfers? 

Tromsö is a very small airport and I'm guessing it's not an international flight (Oslo?) so airport timing isn't as crucial as on a big airport and/or international flight. 

Just now, Asawi said:

Tromsö is a very small airport and I'm guessing it's not an international flight (Oslo?) so airport timing isn't as crucial as on a big airport and/or international flight. 

It's international to Frankfurt.

Just now, boxedmoon said:

It's international to Frankfurt.

Ok. I guess that's why they fly out so early. Still it should be all right, even though it sounds really tight. 

2 hours ago, boxedmoon said:

I'd trust NCL with a charter, assuming you get to the charter flight on time.

Can you give some details? I'm on the following cruise, leaving from Tromso. And still no flight info. I've requested a 1-day deviation but would be OK with a charter instead. What is the flight itinerary? I know when they do charters to Papeete, they leave from LAX.

6 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I'd trust NCL with a charter, assuming you get to the charter flight on time.

Can you give some details? I'm on the following cruise, leaving from Tromso. And still no flight info. I've requested a 1-day deviation but would be OK with a charter instead. What is the flight itinerary? I know when they do charters to Papeete, they leave from LAX.

The charter is for the same day departure from Tromso. With a deviation into Tromso I don't think they'll use it but I could be wrong.

They are using Condor and Wizz airlines for the charters I know of, both going to Frankfurt before another flight back to the US. The Condor charter is a 757-300 with all economy seats to Frankfurt.

4 minutes ago, boxedmoon said:

The charter is for the same day departure from Tromso. With a deviation into Tromso I don't think they'll use it but I could be wrong.

They are using Condor and Wizz airlines for the charters I know of, both going to Frankfurt before another flight back to the US. The Condor charter is a 757-300 with all economy seats to Frankfurt.

Thanks. I wouldn't expect a charter with a deviation, they'll just cancel the deviation request if they choose the charter route. But from my location they can fly me to Tromso from Oslo on the appropriate date, so we'll see.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Thanks. I wouldn't expect a charter with a deviation, they'll just cancel the deviation request if they choose the charter route. But from my location they can fly me to Tromso from Oslo on the appropriate date, so we'll see.

Using sites like Kayak instead of Google flight search shows most options with Tromso flights.

13 minutes ago, boxedmoon said:

Using sites like Kayak instead of Google flight search shows most options with Tromso flights.

Oops, not Oslo, it's Helsinki. I've only been able to find 2 flights that would meet NCL's criteria - and those didn't show on Kayak LOL.

4 hours ago, boxedmoon said:

On our upcoming Star trip from Reykjavik to Tromso, the disembark start time was updated to 4am.

The NCL flight we just got has us on a 6am charter flight which does not seem like enough time to disembark, transfer, and check into the airline. I called NCL and the air department claims that the plane will wait because it is a charter. We also have the NCL transfer booked.

Anyone have experience with NCL charter flights and if they wait for everyone to make it?

No. If you decide to sleep in or have a leisurely breakfast and miss your transfer, you will be stuck on your own in Norway. 

Obviously, if the ship is late and there is noone on the plane, they will not depart. But like pier runners, the plane does not wait for everyone to show up. They leave once the last transfer bus arrives.