Disembarkation timeframe question

ememn

Hi all!  We are cruising on the Norwegian Epic this September and our ship docks in Civitavecchia at 06:00. I am in the process of setting up a transfer from the port to our hotel.  They're asking what time we would like to be picked up at and I am not too familiar with disembarkation.  My husband and I are going carry on only but are traveling with another couple that will likely have their bags sent down. We will also do the self disembarkation on our time (or whatever it's called).  My question is, what can this timeframe look like, and in your experience, what is the best time to tell them?  I don't believe we'll be in any rush to get off the ship first thing because we won't be able to get into our hotel for a few hours anyway. I would appreciate any guidance you can offer on this!  Thanks! 

If you’re not in a rush I’d book around 8:30ish. This gives you time to have breakfast, and the initial rush/crowd will have dissipated. 
Also, just about every hotel will allow you to drop off your luggage early. When you come back later in the day they’ll complete check-in. 

I agree, a pick up after 8am is fine...as you mention, you are not in any rush. If you were in a rush, I would say 7am. 

And as mentioned, virtually any hotel will hold your luggage.

If you are not in a rush, 9 am is perfectly safe. It allows you to have breakfast without rushing and also to wait for your friends luggage. You would also miss the rush hour traffic into Rome.

1 hour ago, Girr said:

If you’re not in a rush I’d book around 8:30ish. This gives you time to have breakfast, and the initial rush/crowd will have dissipated. 
Also, just about every hotel will allow you to drop off your luggage early. When you come back later in the day they’ll complete check-in. 

Great! Thank you for your response! I’m the only planner of the group and this was stressing me out! So glad I found this board! 

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

I agree, a pick up after 8am is fine...as you mention, you are not in any rush. If you were in a rush, I would say 7am. 

And as mentioned, virtually any hotel will hold your luggage.

Thanks for your response! We will definitely drop our luggage and head back later to check in! 

18 minutes ago, marazul said:

If you are not in a rush, 9 am is perfectly safe. It allows you to have breakfast without rushing and also to wait for your friends luggage. You would also miss the rush hour traffic into Rome.

Ohh - Traffic is a good point and something I hadn’t thought of! Thanks for your response, it’s appreciated!