Journey Spice Route cruise has been canceled

KevintheIrishDJ

This cancellation was made several weeks ago.  Are you not aware of the situation in the Middle East?  No cruiseship is doing that route for obvious reasons

• Like 11

We were on that cruise in '22, and it really was wonderful, almost a cruise of a lifetime. It just so happens that Celebrity Millennium has an almost identical run, Mumbai to Singapore, more via Thailand/Malaysia than Indonesia, 14 days December 7th. It drops the Dubai (which we really liked, considering our personal prejudices) to Mumbai run, but essentially they were only sea days. It's truly a fraction of the Azamara price, and while Celebrity isn't Azamara by a long shot, if you are interested in the itinerary, I say grab it.  I did, booked steerage, paid bupkiss. Celebrity met my criteria for future cruises with them, knowing they ain't Azamara -  low price, great itinerary, and roughly one quarter the price Aza was charging.  Take a look, India with all its quirks is a pretty amazing place, Sri Lanka was beyond spectacular, complete with a day safari without the malaria, and I've never been to Thailand, and my wife won't let me go alone. Keep us/me posted Kevin, we Long Island guys need to stick together at times like these.  David

• Like 2

22 hours ago, uktog said:

This cancellation was made several weeks ago.  Are you not aware of the situation in the Middle East?  No cruiseship is doing that route for obvious reasons

I have to admire your decorum in this answer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 5/1/2024 at 1:39 AM, Dr H said:

We were on that cruise in '22, and it really was wonderful, almost a cruise of a lifetime. It just so happens that Celebrity Millennium has an almost identical run, Mumbai to Singapore, more via Thailand/Malaysia than Indonesia, 14 days December 7th. It drops the Dubai (which we really liked, considering our personal prejudices) to Mumbai run, but essentially they were only sea days. It's truly a fraction of the Azamara price, and while Celebrity isn't Azamara by a long shot, if you are interested in the itinerary, I say grab it.  I did, booked steerage, paid bupkiss. Celebrity met my criteria for future cruises with them, knowing they ain't Azamara -  low price, great itinerary, and roughly one quarter the price Aza was charging.  Take a look, India with all its quirks is a pretty amazing place, Sri Lanka was beyond spectacular, complete with a day safari without the malaria, and I've never been to Thailand, and my wife won't let me go alone. Keep us/me posted Kevin, we Long Island guys need to stick together at times like these.  David

Azamara wisely opted to cancel that voyage on Journey. They are going from Singapore direct to round Africa which reduces lost revenue days and minimises risk. There have also been challenges with port authorities in India and Sri Lanka and Myanmar is right off the agenda so I would expect them to take some time to rework all the schedules involving moving ships out of the Mediterranean to Asia or Australia 

• Like 1