Time lapse port sail ins

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Nice! What are you using? I use a GoPro with various mounts depending where on cabin is. I shoot in video mode, 4K one shot every two seconds

Hi, I use a go pro 9 that I bought on board the day before I was confined to cabin with Covid - spent the whole cruise (apart from the first 2 days) on the balcony filming - stopped me going mad.  I also use a Nikon 170 and a DSLR.  The Nikon is getting old now and I recently bought a GoPro 13 and will pass the 170 to my grandson.  I use multiple cameras to get better coverage and to take accent shots.  I also sometimes use one camera then swap it to prolong life for long sail ins such as Stockholm that started at 3.am and went on for about 5 hours (in pyjamas).  as for timings - yes 4K but speed varies depending in how much time/detail is ahead of me - usually I find every 5 seconds is OK but the beauty of multiple cameras is you can do more than one version.  Not a cruise but an example is this - a cable car ride in which I had one faced forward and one to the rear - then in post I matched up the speeds.  The result is I could show the most interesting view as a continuous but mix in other thumbnails to give detailed shots in time with the main. - 

• Like 1