Limos From JFK Prior To QM-2 Transatlantic

Last time we flew from London Heathrow to JFK, prior to a transatlantic crossing, the cab queues were long in bad weather and we were struggling with luggage. We had arranged our own Avios flights on BA.

Next time we repeat the trip I want to book a Limo service in advance from JFK to a Manhattan hotel.

i am sure some Brits have gone before me in this respect and sussed out a reliable Limo service from JFK.  Would they share their experiences with me, please?

Many thanks.

17 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

Last time we flew from London Heathrow to JFK, prior to a transatlantic crossing, the cab queues were long in bad weather and we were struggling with luggage. We had arranged our own Avios flights on BA.

Next time we repeat the trip I want to book a Limo service in advance from JFK to a Manhattan hotel.

i am sure some Brits have gone before me in this respect and sussed out a reliable Limo service from JFK.  Would they share their experiences with me, please?

Many thanks.

I've just googled companies in the past. Wondering if Gettransfer now work in US as they put out a trip to a number of suppliers

seem to - have used them in Europe with no problem

https://gettransfer.com/en?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign={brand}:282533728&utm_content=1262239634280562&utm_term=kwd-78890151094878:loc-188&msclkid=c526468d342a164578e220bea65819e1

We flew from London Heathrow to JFK for the Caribbean Celebration.We booked from the UK with a company called Carmel Limos, as recommended by cc.They are based in New York, and looked after us really well.We phoned them when we had collected our luggage,paid for a trolley,and waited outside .They told us the registration number of the car and that our name would be in the front of the screen,so much better than waiting in a queue.Good drive into Brooklyn.

4 hours ago, RJChatsworth said:

Try booking through an app called Blacklane. I use it frequently in NYC and it connects you with multiple limo/black car companies via the app. When booking the price you contract for is guaranteed and includes all taxes, gratuities, fees, and tolls. No surprises and have always had a good experience. It's the same company Emirates uses for their transfers from JFK. 

1 hour ago, Millieloulou said:

We booked from the UK with a company called Carmel Limos, as recommended by cc.They are based in New York, and looked after us really well.

Keep in mind that Carmel is an aggregator (as is Blacklane that I recommended above). They are not a brick and mortar car service. Generally Carmel (and their counterpart Dial7) have older cars and use the same driver pool that is on UberBlack. Nothing wrong with it and pricing can be a little less expensive. 

Blacklane is a little more upmarket-- cars generally are brand new and usually receive a large SUV (Cadillac Escalade, GMC Suburban) etc even on the "Business Class" bookings with them. You can get a Mercedes S Class with their top end booking. What I like about this vs Carmel/Dial7 is that the pricing is guaranteed and fully inclusive where the others are ++. 

26 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

Thanks.  What about Aricebo?

Frankly in this situation I would just use Uber but you specifically requested a car service. You could easily use UberX (which will cost less than anything we've been discussing) or UberBlack, which will be very similar-- its the same pool of drivers and cars.