OK to cruise out of Fort Lauderdale March 15, 2025 during spring break?

We have reservations on the Sun Princess for a March 15, 2025 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. I would like to come in two days early and go to the beach before the cruise. But I guess this is during spring break. Is there going to be too much drunken revelry on the beach to make it fun for us? (We are in our 50s).

Thanks!

Bobby

I live 12 mile north of Port Everglades and will not go anywhere near Fort Lauderdale beach during March.  The traffic along A1A (the beach is on one side of the road and hotels, restaurants and bars are on the other) is horrific in large part due to the number of clueless jaywalkers trying to get to and from the beach.  The first (and only) year we made the mistake of driving down there I couldn't believe that portions of the beach were standing room only in the mid-afternoon.

All that said, if you can swing the price of Lago Mar (right on the south end of the beach) or Pelican Grand (on the north end of the beach) you would have a wonderful beach vacation.  They are too expensive for students and secluded from the spring break madness.  Another alternative would be the Sonesta which is across the street from the beach at the north end.  There aren't any surrounding hotels nearby so that part of the beach is less crowded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Head north to Lauderdale By The Sea and spend time on the beach there. Or head south and spend time on the beach in Hollywood or Dania Beach. All three locations are beautiful and normally a little less crowded.

• Like 2

Plenty of beach areas that are not filled up. North of Lauderdale or even south on Hallandale Beach will be fine. Remember all the beaches are public, even the beaches in front of $40,000,000 homes on Golden Beach are public beaches. No spring breakers there, just need to get a ride (rental car or uber) to the beach access points. Unless you want the beach with walking to and from restaurants and bars, those areas would be busy. 

Only other negative is more traffic and some higher hotel prices. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 9:25 AM, Cruiser Who Knows Nothing said:

We go every year at that time, if you want beach time, go anywhere north of the Marriott (where hooters is) its crazy how its an invisible divider line for the college kids and the grown ups.  

Spot on....however I would push it a few blocks over more....like the Westin Beach Resort and anywhere north of it.

• Like 2