Mostly exceptional with a few Hiccups

We just returned from a Marina B2B Atlantic crossing continuing on to Trieste from BCN.  The PH suites were excellent, the butler was exceptional, each restaurant (both specialties and GDR/Terrace) were great experiences and we enjoyed having the GDR opened just for us moving onto the second leg while the new cruisers were coming on board in BCN.  I was very successful in bringing on board the wine allocation (double the allowable limit actually).  Just put it into padded wine six-pack boxes and curb check it when getting on board for the first time.  It will be delivered to your room. 

The hiccups were interesting.  Oceania seems to have developed and implemented a new accounting system in conjunction with the Simply More program and many in reception could not explain how it worked and, in many cases, lied.  It took a backroom officer to explain it; however, even he admitted he was having trouble with it and had to rebuild my invoice on a spreadsheet so that I understood (and I do have an MBA).  The more interesting problem was Destination Services who did not have my pre-paid Oceania transportation in their system for Trieste to VCE and had to communicate with Miami for a solid week to resolve it (luckily I had the receipt showing the prepayment).  But the weirdest one was Destination putting me on the wrong bus/excursion.  I had purchased a 4.5 hour trip to see some Roman ruins but went on a nine-hour visit to a couple of nunneries.  There is a difference between the two and when I asked about it upon my return (and almost missed the ship) I discussed the issue with Destination Services who quickly admitted the error and refunded the excursion fee.  The visit to the nunnery was not very interesting and was very crowded.  "Get thee to a nunnery" took on new meaning for me that day. 

Bottom line, the trip was great, weather wonderful, a couple of nights of bumpy seas, and just relaxing. Just watch your account invoice to insure all the credits due to you were there (they were not in my case).  AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING ON THE RIGHT BUS.  READ THE SIGN ON THE BUS BEFORE GETTING ON OR YOU WILL HAVE A FEW SUPRISES. 

Bob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bob from Florida said:

I was very successful in bringing on board the wine allocation (double the allowable limit actually).  Just put it into padded wine six-pack boxes and curb check it when getting on board for the first time.  It will be delivered to your room. 

Great report and thanks. But you should know that you could have brought on pretty much as much beer, wine and liquor. Despite what their policy says they treat us like grownups and the skies the limit!

• Like 1