Transatlantic Itinerary Dress Code

Ibis

For the crossing from Las Palmas to Miami, I have just accessed the itinerary dress code on Crystal and it shows every night as resort casual. We are very surprised and disappointed there are no formal evenings scheduled on 12 night Transatlantic. Also surprising since this is the last segment of the World Cruise and passengers on board would already be prepared for formal evenings. Perhaps I missed previous conversation about this?? Do I remember this was mentioned earlier🤔

One other question, is it possible to reserve Vintage Room lunches or dinners before boarding? 

And for those currently on board, do you have any indication of what the passenger count might be on this segment from Las Palmas to Miami? Just wondering many World Cruisers are currently on board?

Thanks in advance for any information 😄

I am pretty sure the attire is not correct.  I would expect two formal nights. To be sure I would suggest writing to on board guests services at:  obgs@crystalcruises.com

You cannot reserve the Vintage room lunches/dinners ahead of time. I suggest seeing the head sommelier the day you board. You could send an e-mail to on board guest services noting your name(s) and suite/room number and saying you are interested in attending a lunch and/or dinner but again be sure to speak with the Head Sommelier after you born.

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keith, thanks for your reply. I think your guess of two formal nights is correct and I will email OBGS to verify. Also will mention our interest in Vintage Room reservations. We just made our specialty dinner reservations and the excitement mounts! Always love UmiUma and can’t wait to return to the Osteria. We are among those who think it is leaps and bounds above Prago! Thank you again😊

• Like 2

Re: pax count. Friends currently onboard guesstimate 250+/- pax. Additional pax are scheduled to leave the ship in Cape Town. Their guess is about 200-225 +/- after Cape Town.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just heard from Onboard Guest Services that there are definitely two formal evenings on the trip. Both on sea days on May 30th and June 6th.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

We are boarding in Miami. Can someone kindly explain the “black tie optional” nights to a Crystal newbie? 

Is it formal optional? Or do you still need a jacket and tie on these two nights? I am used to Regent and Seabourn with smart casual so prefer not to bring a jacket but definitely will if required. Thank you 

3 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

We are boarding in Miami. Can someone kindly explain the “black tie optional” nights to a Crystal newbie? 

Is it formal optional? Or do you still need a jacket and tie on these two nights? I am used to Regent and Seabourn with smart casual so prefer not to bring a jacket but definitely will if required. Thank you 

It is formal optional.  If you are on a cruise of 7 or less days there are no formal nights.  On occasion even an 8 day cruise that is all ports might not have a formal but most cruises 8 days or above have them.

I am pasting below how Crystal defines both casual and formal nights on the ship with respect to recommended evening attire.

Now you will see for a gent sports jackets not mentioned but you will find people wearing them particularly if there is only one formal night on the cruise. And even though they don't highlight this on a formal night you will find some who go to Tastes in casual attire but they do kindly ask if you go to other venues after dinner that you not be in casual attire.  There are no Police who will make you go back to your room but it is more festive when people follow the guidelines. If you go to other dining venues depending on who is at the door you could be turned away.  Not always but I have seen this done.

Following comes from the Crystal site and if you have questions I would also call the number listed below.

Keith

WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE ONBOARD?

At Crystal, we want guests to feel confident and relaxed throughout their stay, so we have compiled the following guide to the different dress codes on board. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 1.888.616.9615 or +1.786.464.4420. 

Day Casual

A less formal look allows guests to feel comfortable during the day; Day Casual attire may be worn everywhere, including our restaurants, until 18:00. 

Suggestions for a Day Casual look: 

Women 

Sundresses 

Elegant shorts 

Jeans 

T-shirts or blouses 

Linen clothing 

Swimsuits with cover-ups (when not poolside)

Men 

Shorts 

Jeans 

T-shirts or polo shirts 

Linen clothing 

Swim shorts with a T-shirt or polo (when not poolside)

NOTE: Swimwear on its own, wet swimwear, revealing clothing, bathrobes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, and clothes bearing any offensive messaging are not permitted. Covered swimsuits may only be worn at Trident Grill, Tastes, and Marketplace.

Evening Resort

A step up from Day Casual, after 18:00, we ask that guests adopt the more refined Evening Resort dress code. 

Suggestions for an Evening Resort look: 

Women 

Dress 

Skirts

Pants 

Blouses or sweaters 

Dark-wash jeans with no rips 

Tailored dress shorts 

Men 

Shirts 

Collared polo shirt 

Sweaters or smart designer sweatshirts

Dark-wash jeans with no rips (only when accompanied with a jacket) 

Chinos 

Sports jacket or blazer (optional)

Tailored shorts (these may only be worn in the Tastes restaurant)

NOTE: Please avoid flip-flops/sliders, swimwear, and hats. 

Formal Evening

On sailings over seven days, there will be at least one optional ship-wide formal night (depending on the length of the segment), which will require more formal cocktail chic attire. These special events will be defined in your personal pre-sailing guide. 

Suggestions for a Formal Evening look: 

Women 

Cocktail dresses or gowns 

Suits Evening skirts or pants with an elegant top 

Evening shoes 

Men

Suits or tuxedos 

Shirts 

Dress shoes 

Ties (optional)

12 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

It is formal optional.  If you are on a cruise of 7 or less days there are no formal nights.  On occasion even an 8 day cruise that is all ports might not have a formal but most cruises 8 days or above have them.

I am pasting below how Crystal defines both casual and formal nights on the ship with respect to recommended evening attire.

Now you will see for a gent sports jackets not mentioned but you will find people wearing them particularly if there is only one formal night on the cruise. And even though they don't highlight this on a formal night you will find some who go to Tastes in casual attire but they do kindly ask if you go to other venues after dinner that you not be in casual attire.  There are no Police who will make you go back to your room but it is more festive when people follow the guidelines. If you go to other dining venues depending on who is at the door you could be turned away.  Not always but I have seen this done.

Following comes from the Crystal site and if you have questions I would also call the number listed below.

Keith

WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE ONBOARD?

At Crystal, we want guests to feel confident and relaxed throughout their stay, so we have compiled the following guide to the different dress codes on board. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 1.888.616.9615 or +1.786.464.4420. 

Day Casual

A less formal look allows guests to feel comfortable during the day; Day Casual attire may be worn everywhere, including our restaurants, until 18:00. 

Suggestions for a Day Casual look: 

Women 

Sundresses 

Elegant shorts 

Jeans 

T-shirts or blouses 

Linen clothing 

Swimsuits with cover-ups (when not poolside)

Men 

Shorts 

Jeans 

T-shirts or polo shirts 

Linen clothing 

Swim shorts with a T-shirt or polo (when not poolside)

NOTE: Swimwear on its own, wet swimwear, revealing clothing, bathrobes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, and clothes bearing any offensive messaging are not permitted. Covered swimsuits may only be worn at Trident Grill, Tastes, and Marketplace.

Evening Resort

A step up from Day Casual, after 18:00, we ask that guests adopt the more refined Evening Resort dress code. 

Suggestions for an Evening Resort look: 

Women 

Dress 

Skirts

Pants 

Blouses or sweaters 

Dark-wash jeans with no rips 

Tailored dress shorts 

Men 

Shirts 

Collared polo shirt 

Sweaters or smart designer sweatshirts

Dark-wash jeans with no rips (only when accompanied with a jacket) 

Chinos 

Sports jacket or blazer (optional)

Tailored shorts (these may only be worn in the Tastes restaurant)

NOTE: Please avoid flip-flops/sliders, swimwear, and hats. 

Formal Evening

On sailings over seven days, there will be at least one optional ship-wide formal night (depending on the length of the segment), which will require more formal cocktail chic attire. These special events will be defined in your personal pre-sailing guide. 

Suggestions for a Formal Evening look: 

Women 

Cocktail dresses or gowns 

Suits Evening skirts or pants with an elegant top 

Evening shoes 

Men

Suits or tuxedos 

Shirts 

Dress shoes 

Ties (optional)

Under “formal evening” it is contradictory. First it says “optional shipwide formal night” and in the same sentence “which will REQUIRE” more formal attire. That’s what confused me. I wanted to make sure I could go to Waterside  without a jacket. 

5 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Is it formal optional? Or do you still need a jacket and tie on these two nights? I am used to Regent and Seabourn with smart casual so prefer not to bring a jacket but definitely will if required.

I am currently on the world cruise. Most men are wearing sport coats, with or without ties; a much lower number are wearing tuxes or white dinner jackets. Personally, I think someone not wearing a jacket would feel underdressed for formal night. However, I have seen one or two men on occasion wearing only a long sleeve shirt and they’ve never been refused entry any where on the ship. We’re all having too good of a time to care much. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LoveBora said:

I am currently on the world cruise. Most men are wearing sport coats, with or without ties; a much lower number are wearing tuxes or white dinner jackets. Personally, I think someone not wearing a jacket would feel underdressed for formal night. However, I have seen one or two men on occasion wearing only a long sleeve shirt and they’ve never been refused entry any where on the ship. We’re all having too good of a time to care much. 

That’s very helpful, thank you. I will bring a jacket for the two formal nights we have. I hope you have a smooth crossing  😊