How Long is it taking to pass through Immigration at MIAMI Airport for Brits ???

Just that really.

We  (stupidly) booked to fly into MIA rather than FLL for a cruise out of Port Everglades.

Want to arrange a transfer to hotel in Fort Lauderdale and need to know approximately how long it might take to get through Immigration for Brits. Would be about 4pm on a Thursday.

Many thanks.

Hi, I’m a Brit and been through miami airport many many times. It can be an absolute nightmare - usually takes an hour or so but has taken us a couple of hours before. This year however, we sailed through - There was no queue and we were through within about 20 minutes.
My advice is to be prepared just in case!! You can always have a coffee if you get through quicker than you thought.  

1 hour ago, winty said:

Hi, I’m a Brit and been through miami airport many many times. It can be an absolute nightmare - usually takes an hour or so but has taken us a couple of hours before. This year however, we sailed through - There was no queue and we were through within about 20 minutes.
My advice is to be prepared just in case!! You can always have a coffee if you get through quicker than you thought.  

Thank you for that..If we are meant to land at 4pm, what time would you suggest we book a transfer for ?  Or maybe just grabbing a taxi when we’ve got through would be easier?

We are thinking of using Booking.com airport transfers which we used in both Singapore and Sydney..in February this year. Both worked well. They track flights and allow a certain amount of waiting time.

We usually book a flight to Atlanta where we clear Immigration and Customs, so we just walk out of FLL after a domestic flight. We shouldn’t have let the travel agent persuade us this was a better deal as it looks like it will be pretty stressful !!!!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi, personally I would give it an hour from landing. If you book a transfer they will monitor the flight and wait for you anyway. We have always grabbed taxis before, but they no longer do the flat rate and it cost us a fortune. We found that with all the taxis in Miami this year. We’ve also had some journeys in taxis that have been quite hair raising and we’ve had a few near misses!!! Other people may have different opinions but for me, I will be booking a transfer / driver in future. Have a look at Viator as well, they do some good deals on transfers. Hope that helps. 

50 minutes ago, KforKitty said:

In January it took us just under an hour to clear immigration at Miami.

Catherine 

That doesn’t sound too bad. Perhaps I’m fussing about nothing.

Many thanks.

Have you considered just requesting an UBER when you get your luggage. They are there quite quick after requesting and you enter the door number you are closest to so the driver knows where to stop. it's really easy and the cost is reasonable. We've done this quite a few times now.

On 5/4/2024 at 4:01 PM, Reina del Mar said:

…need to know approximately how long it might take to get through Immigration for Brits. 

All depends on whether or not you’re an Arsenal supporter. Yuki da!