St Maarten/St Martin - How is French, never done

Been to St Maarten (Dutch side) 4- 5 times, always took water taxi  & then found a beach as others reported, lounge chairs/umbrella/5 beers for $30.00. I've never been to the French side of St. Martin, but would like to try., just looking for a beach day for a few hours. Have a hubby with mobility issues. Can anyone let me know is there a water taxi to get you to French Side or do you take a cab? and what is the Cost.  How far is St. Martin from Port?  Do they have the same type of deals as above, chairs/umbrella/ beer for a set price? or is possibly negotiated once you get there. Also I saw Port Royal mention CoCo beach, looking for the easiest to get to w/out a lot of walking once we land.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pattycake08 said:

Been to St Maarten (Dutch side) 4- 5 times, always took water taxi  & then found a beach as others reported, lounge chairs/umbrella/5 beers for $30.00. I've never been to the French side of St. Martin, but would like to try., just looking for a beach day for a few hours. Have a hubby with mobility issues. Can anyone let me know is there a water taxi to get you to French Side or do you take a cab? and what is the Cost.  How far is St. Martin from Port?  Do they have the same type of deals as above, chairs/umbrella/ beer for a set price? or is possibly negotiated once you get there. Also I saw Port Royal mention CoCo beach, looking for the easiest to get to w/out a lot of walking once we land.  

The cab rank from the ship is quite a distance for those with reduced mobility.  Take the free ship arranged golf buggy from ship the taxi rank…. Private taxi is about $30 each way to COCO, about 20 minute journey,  Allow a very safe extra10 minutes for the return to ship, in case of heavy port traffic.   From taxi drop to COCO is a short/comfortable level walk.  No bed/booze deals at COCO it’s an genteel upmarket restaurant venue… with beds etc..  Food (to Michelin standard) drinks, service and ambiance are excellent. 

https://www.cocobeach.restaurant

https://www.cocobeach.restaurant/gallery

Have no idea as to which venues have a “deal” 

The outward taxi driver will be pleased to be time booked for the return.

PS.. if a fan, COCO Rhum/Rum cabinet is extensive and at all price points.  Yes, the had “La Filbuste”.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Time

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, negn said:

We are booking a ship excursion to Orient Beach due to the possibility of delays due to traffic

Wow!  The ship doing COCO?  Know one will have a great beach stay…. Enjoy!

Bulk cruise trips previously used KKO aka “Sardine Central”.  Obviously now a much improved day for all on the tour.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
KKO