laundry

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

As soon as we get our luggage and meet with our steward we get our laundry ready.  Let your steward that you will have something that first night.  After that I put the laundry out and call to let him know I put some out.  And you can stuff the bags really full.

We were given multiple bags on our recent Grandeur sailing. Jeans take up a lot of room and we wanted them to be clean when we went to dinner at Compass Rose.  🤪

Edited by GMIAC
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Now, seriously, the fact that Regent has included laundry service is a major reason why we chose it over other lux lines. We know that while good denim jeans are acceptable for dining in our town (Durango, CO), Regent (and other lux lines) don’t feel that way. No problem. There are slacks (not denim) that are cut just like jeans and are not as heavy as well, and are acceptable for evening hours on Regent. Because of this, I bought a bunch oh these slacks, and found that I liked them better than jeans — even where they are not “required”. And they are lighter in the luggage also. And if , like us, you want to spend an additional night or two in the embarkation port city, you might arrive on board in need of laundry service. If you ask, you probably will get it.

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 2

Also, we don’t wear anything that can’t be washed and dried in a drier here at home. And we certainly don’t pack anything that requires special handling on a cruise. We don’t take cruises of 16 days or more, so we have no experience with “formal optional” on Regent. But sometimes I take a sports jacket to the cruise to give extra pockets. And sometimes I wear it to dinner on Regent, because I want to do so. I haven’t worn a tie in over 12 years, and don’t know where my old ties are — if they haven’t been thrown away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teagues said:

Does anyone recall whether the ship's full service laundry uses fragrance-free detergent?  

My wife is VERY sensitive to fragrances.  She does not remember much of a scent from the detergent on Regent.  If it is scented it is very light.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teagues said:

Does anyone recall whether the ship's full service laundry uses fragrance-free detergent?  

That's what we use at home, and I haven't noticed any fragrance in our laundry on Regent.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

That's what we use at home, and I haven't noticed any fragrance in our laundry on Regent.

Same here - not noticeable to us.

• Like 1