Rm 4028 Onward

Obobru

We have just booked our first Azamara cruise and found the whole online process terrible. We selected an inside room but didn't see a way to choose a room, we just selected the cheapest and we have been given room 4028 on the ship Onward. 

We can't find any views of this room or the layout. Does anyone have any details of this room? Do you know if it has a sofa? 

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Obobru said:

We have just booked our first Azamara cruise and found the whole online process terrible. We selected an inside room but didn't see a way to choose a room, we just selected the cheapest and we have been given room 4028 on the ship Onward. 

We can't find any views of this room or the layout. Does anyone have any details of this room? Do you know if it has a sofa? 

Thanks 

4028 is an accessible cabin, so it’s bigger than most. 

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

4028 is an accessible cabin, so it’s bigger than most. 

Trying to find pics to see if it has a sofa and a different bathroom. We didn't choose a accessable room but it seems that when we chose the room Interior (12) that it is one. Not sure what those numbers mean or why a accessable room is offered when not selecting that as an option. Azamara website is horrifically bad, even adding extras like drinks package it's like it's been designed by someone who's never seen any other cruise booking process on the many other cruise lines websites. 

31 minutes ago, Obobru said:

Trying to find pics to see if it has a sofa and a different bathroom. We didn't choose a accessable room but it seems that when we chose the room Interior (12) that it is one. Not sure what those numbers mean or why a accessable room is offered when not selecting that as an option. Azamara website is horrifically bad, even adding extras like drinks package it's like it's been designed by someone who's never seen any other cruise booking process on the many other cruise lines websites. 

Keep that room.  I have been in it - you are good. Much better than a regular inside cabin because it is SO MUCH BIGGER.  You can always bid for an upgrade if you want to as you get closer to the sailing date.  I would suggest that moving up to a balcony would be worthwhile, but to move to a standard oceanview room from a handicap inside will be a step down.  Only bid on a balcony if that is important to you.

• Thanks 1

PS. There is no point in booking your drink package in advance.  Wait until you get on the ship and then determine if you really need to.  I always do,  because I like Champagne and the Atlas Bar and get the loyalty discount.  You will love the onboard product - shoreside and reservations is a disaster.

3 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

Keep that room.  I have been in it - you are good. Much better than a regular inside cabin because it is SO MUCH BIGGER.  You can always bid for an upgrade if you want to as you get closer to the sailing date.  I would suggest that moving up to a balcony would be worthwhile, but to move to a standard oceanview room from a handicap inside will be a step down.  Only bid on a balcony if that is important to you.

Thanks for the insight. A balcony is a waste for us and we gave up booking them after our first couple of cruises as we didn't use them as we like to be out and about. The reason we like a sofa is late at night I tend to have a hot chocolate and watch TV before bed so like a sofa if possible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

PS. There is no point in booking your drink package in advance.  Wait until you get on the ship and then determine if you really need to.  I always do,  because I like Champagne and the Atlas Bar and get the loyalty discount.  You will love the onboard product - shoreside and reservations is a disaster.

The reason we have booked it is I looked at the drinks list and I drink Amaretto a lot and my partner likes spice rum and wines and they seems to be drinks mainly in the paid package. We added package with WiFi, drinks, and $300 of credit which seemed reasonable in price. 

Posted (edited)

The room has a wide chair that converts into a single bed.  The accessible room that you are in is better than most of the inside because the tv is directly across from the bed.  The standard insides have the tv directly across from the wide chair, but you can't see the tv when you are in the bed (if that makes sense).  The bathroom is much, much bigger being an accessible cabin - the problem with the standard cabins on these ships is the tiny shower/bathroom that everyone complains about.  I agree with you on the veranda, my partner and I seldom use it, but they are better on these ships because there is a decent size dining table to enjoy your breakfast at, and i quite often set my laptop up out there as well.  I would not pay what they want for the verandas though - I only bid on upgrades and usually snag a lot cheaper.  The last time I was onboard Onward I was actually in your cabin that I booked as a solo traveler seeking the cheapest inside and was able to bid after boarding the ship and upgraded to a Club Continent Suite.  That will never happen again...but it was a great opportunity I wasn't going to pass up. I was very pleased with the size of that inside cabin though and the bathroom. I would have a hard time in the standard insides. 

Edited by Toronto Guy
  • Thanks 1

There's a google sheet on here somewhere that I managed to get on my computer. Heres what it says about that room:

Spacious. Large chair, not sofa. Looks lovely. (See pics online.) Same as 4034

• Like 1

As above. I just checked the deck plan for Deck 4. The only down side is that your room butts up against the medical clinic, but I doubt that will have any noise effect. It is definitely a larger room. We've stayed on D4 several times, directly across from the clinic. I've posted elsewhere that my only issue was hearing the gear shaft of the ship whirring away during the night when my head was on the pillow. Barely noticeable when my head was off the pillow. Oh, easy access to the front elevator, without congregating crowds. As for drinks packages, we go ala carte. The onboard included supply is quite adequate, and unless you consume more than 6-7 drinks daily by yourself, it just doesn't pay. Azamara, unlike most other lines, does not require the roommate to also purchase the package too. Finally, as others have mentioned, yes, the website is awful. The cruiseline, itineraries, onboard service, ships are all superb. Have a wonderful time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1