Library - Book swap shelf on Arvia

Posted (edited)

I know Arvia doesn't have a proper library,  but let's not get into that discussion.  However I remember someone saying there was a book swap shelf somewhere but can't remember where.  Given size of Arvia don't  want to spend whole cruise looking for it.

Can someone tell me where it is , do many people use it. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Windsurfboy

• Windsurfboy changed the title to Library - Book swap shelf on Arvia

I will be using the bookshelf, I'm currently packing for next week and I've gathered up a few books I've saved for cruising.

I don't often get chance to sit and read so sea days are time for a catch up with some new books.

Once they've been read I'll be taking them to Anderson's.

I remember looking for a bookshelf in Anderson's on Iona and there was a message asking people not to leave books, so I'm happy there's the option on Arvia (although Iona may allow it now).

42 minutes ago, vitrocmax said:

I will be using the bookshelf, I'm currently packing for next week and I've gathered up a few books I've saved for cruising.

I don't often get chance to sit and read so sea days are time for a catch up with some new books.

Once they've been read I'll be taking them to Anderson's.

I remember looking for a bookshelf in Anderson's on Iona and there was a message asking people not to leave books, so I'm happy there's the option on Arvia (although Iona may allow it now).

Please let us know how you get on. Does it exist do many people leave books

It's in the little 'corridor' between Anderson's and the passageway down to the MDR. It's a couple of cupboards and was an absolute waste of time when were on last September. The only time there were any books to speak of in it was on the last might when pax were offloading before the journey home.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Please let us know how you get on. Does it exist do many people leave books

I was on Arvia at Easter and as I had taken books with me to read, didn't check it out till nearer the end of the cruise. There were quite a few books when I went to leave mine. I took one and returned it a couple of days later and there were a lot more then. Obviously a lot of people, like me, were not taking books that had been read home. Therefore, I should imagine if there would be quite a selection at the beginning of the cruise too.

Edited by purplesea

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

I was on Arvia at Easter and as I had taken books with me to read, didn't check it out till nearer the end of the cruise. There were quite a few books when I went to leave mine. I took one and returned it a couple of days later and there were a lot more then. Obviously a lot of people, like me, were not taking books that had been read home. Therefore, I should imagine if there would be quite a selection at the beginning of the cruise too.

Thanks might make it first port of call

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...