Golf cart or car rental?

CruisinCoyote

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2024 at 5:01 PM, CruisinCoyote said:

We can’t decide between cart rental or car rental.  We will be in Bonaire from 8-6. Anyone want to weigh in? 

Surprised nobody has responded.  DW and I really enjoyed renting a golf cart, for the day.  It was fast enough, and had the range, to go anywhere on the island.  We dropped our snorkel gear in the rear, and drove all over the island, stopping a few places to swim snorkel.  

Hank

• Like 1

I understand that where you want to go might make a difference.

I think it is Sorobon, which is popular, is a long and not-so-scenic drive.

You will cover the Island more quickly, and hopefully have AC if you rent a car.

And, I think it can sometimes be cheaper.

it can be a different vibe, of course...  Depending if one is wanting that open-air experience.

• 1 month later...

We have reserved a cart for our November Reflection cruise.  My DH cannot walk more than a block so I am trying to figure out how to get from the reception tent to the pick up location.  Should I plan to have him wait at the port and pick him up there or should we taxi to the store to pick up the cart?   

Depends on how many people. Bonaire Cruisers rents 2 person golf carts. If you have more than two people you just have to ensure that there are golf carts available for more people - otherwise, car may be the only option. 

We rented a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers - but our port stop was cancelled. It was super easy to cancel our reservation and I received my refund within a couple days. I appreciate that there was no hassle. And yes - I cancelled far enough in advance - it wasn't a last minute cancellation. Don't know how they handle those.