Venice to Milan

sjde

Has anyone done a Venice to Milan itinerary? It doesn’t mention bussing but seems there would be a lot of it? 

image.thumb.jpeg.66bf298b86b76c1e7d7d0b55c2d72cd4.jpeg

If you search the forum for 'Venice' you get result, these may be of interest:

I’m on board Uniworld SS Venezia - Page 2 - River Cruising - Cruise Critic Community

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2890372-uniworld-venice

If you're thinking of cruising with Uniworld the posts mention a one day bus trip from Milan to Venice with a stop in Verona and lunch at a winery in Valpollicella

The map of the journey for  MILAN, VENICE & THE JEWELS OF VENETO is 

image.png.7a748699f6b385ba75d0cd2e0973915a.png

But if you don't fancy a long bus ride - and I sympathise - one can book just the cruise element, i.e. start at Venice.

I thought Uniworld were the only operators in this area, but perhaps you're talking about another?

• Thanks 1

We did Uniworld’s Milan/Venice cruise last summer.  Because of the condition of the Po river (low and dry) there was very little actual cruising involved.  

The ship was basically parked in Venice the whole time (which was not a bad thing) and the daily excursions to surrounding towns and into the countryside were all done by bus.

As pontac’s map shows, the ship sailed to Burano one day and to Chioggia another day for sight-seeing and then back to Venice for the night.

Any feedback or suggestions on which Gondola company to take a Gondola ride with, in any of our stops?  Just spoke to Uniworld they don't have any excursions that offer it, but suggested speaking with a crew member while onboard.  Thoughts?  Hopefully the waterways will be full and ready for June visitors.  Thanks in advance.