Wind Spirit Back in Europe

Just off the Wind Spirit on an off the beaten path itinerary from Barcelona to Rome which included, Palma de Mallorca (Spain), Mahon in Menorca (Spain), Porto Cervo in Sardinia (Italy), Bastia in Corsica (France) and Portoferraio in Elba (Italy) .  Only 3 other small ships all week: Ritz Carlton Evrima in Palma, Star Clipper in Mahon and Club Med 2 in Portoferraio.  A joy to get off the ship knowing you'll have the town to yourself.  Full review should be posted shortly.  Wind Sprit looks very good.  Food was excellent although must say that fruit selection at breakfast is pretty limited compared to was just a few years ago. Aside from that it was a wonderful cruise  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic!  We have this booked for this coming Oct 27. Have never sailed the Spirit (only the Legend once). I’m really looking forward to your review.  Thank you so much fir taking the time to do this!

Contrary to what the heading says, we did not travel with children (although there were 2 families with teenage/college age daughters/sons onboard and they did not seem to mind)

On 5/14/2024 at 12:32 PM, Misty Morning said:

Our review has just been posted.  Feel free to ask any questions.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=714968

Thank you for the great review.  If I wanted a wilted spinach, mushroom, onion side dish for breakfast do you think that would be available?  

6 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

If I wanted a wilted spinach, mushroom, onion side dish for breakfast do you think that would be available?  

You probably could for dinner, not sure about breakfast, lol!

3 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

You probably could for dinner, not sure about breakfast, lol!

I know it’s a weird ask but it helps me with my blood sugars. Thanks for getting back to me. 
I’m curious if the price for the cruise you put in your review was per person or total for 2?  We are in cabin 127 so I’m hoping there’s not too much motion.  Adam gets sea sick but really wants to try this smaller sailing vessel. I am sorry you had so much disturbance your first night in the cabin. 

Well, now that you mention it, they do have mushrooms and onions for omelets.  I'm sure if you talk about this to the chef, they will accommodate your request.  Seems simple enough.  Price was per person. Cabin 127 should be fine as it is pretty much center and away from stabilizers.  Plus seas are usually calm and if not, they can detour to several other sheltered stops nearby.

3 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

Well, now that you mention it, they do have mushrooms and onions for omelets.  I'm sure if you talk about this to the chef, they will accommodate your request.  Seems simple enough.  Price was per person. Cabin 127 should be fine as it is pretty much center and away from stabilizers.  Plus seas are usually calm and if not, they can detour to several other sheltered stops nearby.

Thanks!

Do you know if Windstar activated the Starlink internet upgrade now that the Wind Spirit has left FP ?    Overall, did you find the internet speed adequate ?   Going on the 7/17 adriatic cruise and trying to determine whether to get the all inclusive and I think the determining factor will be the usability of the interner service.   Thanks

12 hours ago, Fiji87 said:

Do you know if Windstar activated the Starlink internet upgrade now that the Wind Spirit has left FP ?    Overall, did you find the internet speed adequate ?   Going on the 7/17 adriatic cruise and trying to determine whether to get the all inclusive and I think the determining factor will be the usability of the interner service.   Thanks

Yes they have Star link and the internet is fine.  Speed is good and our friends did some work on computer with no issues.  Text messages with fairly large attachments (photos and videos) left promptly