*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

12 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

There is no shortage of yellers on board that is certain. 

amen to that…”hey…I’m right here….all of Deck 8 can hear you….”!

• Haha 2

Looks like I missed the solo M&G.  

Heard the “art consultant” giving the hard sell to someone looking at the art displays….”let me talk to our curator to see if we can get you a better price”.

Then, the closer shows up!  

IMG_3639.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

he had a heart attack on the ship and had to call four times before he could get help. He also mentioned that he was hit by a bus. 

Wow, that's really some bad luck if you can get hit by a bus on a cruise ship. And here we thought @graphicguywas accident prone. (By the way, look both ways when coming out of the Local...if you think slippery floors are bad, those cruise ship bus drivers are reckless.)

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 11

Getting ready to head out for the Captain’s deal, but wanted to mention I like THE LOCAL  better than O’Sheehans on older ships.  Th Local is Easier to move around in and just brighter looking.

Spent a couple of hours there late this afternoon and had a grand time doing “stuff” while being served drinks and snacks…

IMG_3636.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

• Like 5

Just now, graphicguy said:

We need to have an intervention with you!

Yes you do. I have come to the conclusion that no alcohol and a restricted diet are not good cruising companions.  It's all I can do to get myself out of bed. I keep telling myself I am saving up my energy for Bermuda when in reality I am saving up my energy for my next nap.

Cagney's at 7 tonight, where I can't eat red meat and the free bottle of wine will go to waste. But I am determined to hit the 70s party, if I don't get hit by that bus that's on the ship.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Looks like I missed the solo M&G.

I was sitting from afar but did not participate. Wasn’t feeling social enough. 

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Heard the “art consultant” giving the hard sell to someone looking at the art displays….”let me talk to our curator to see if we can get you a better price”.

Then, the closer shows up!  

Was just admiring this one and hoping you would put in a bid for me. 

IMG_5833.thumb.jpeg.8a054d11d37e721c327224c0c9156bd5.jpeg

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Headed to Ocean Blu tonite.  No long pants, so looks like I’m dining al fresco!

Beautiful evening for dining al fresco! Thinking about that myself but might be on the dreaded pool deck instead. 

Simply gorgeous…

IMG_5839.thumb.jpeg.2d7ff9d7dd1fc8420e14a52ebd2810ce.jpeg

IMG_5835.thumb.jpeg.66c5fdf649b5e823f8756da9ce365897.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Yes you do. I have come to the conclusion that no alcohol and a restricted diet are not good cruising companions.  It's all I can do to get myself out of bed. I keep telling myself I am saving up my energy for Bermuda when in reality I am saving up my energy for my next nap.

Cagney's at 7 tonight, where I can't eat red meat and the free bottle of wine will go to waste. But I am determined to hit the 70s party, if I don't get hit by that bus that's on the ship.

I forgot!  I’m sincerely sorry!

• Like 1

Just now, graphicguy said:

I forgot!  I’m sincerely sorry!

It's OK. I am hoping with all the bedrest I got today I will be good the rest of the week. I want to be a part of @Sugar Magnolia posse!

And before I forget, do either of you drink Merlot? I was gifted a bottle and would be more than happy to give it to you. It has a screw top so you know it is the finest in quality. Let me know and we can do a clandestine exchange. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Beautiful evening for dining al fresco! Thinking about that myself but might be on the dreaded pool deck instead. 

Simply gorgeous…

IMG_5839.thumb.jpeg.2d7ff9d7dd1fc8420e14a52ebd2810ce.jpeg

IMG_5835.thumb.jpeg.66c5fdf649b5e823f8756da9ce365897.jpeg

Thanks.

Getting ready to head that way now.

• Like 1

Well…as I was getting ready to leave the soirée, I was getting up from my seat and the lady sitting across from me.  We were making small talk and I caught her loin g at my hands a couple of times. But, as I got up, she asked if she could buy me a drink at the Atrium bar.  Then she said she liked my shirt (a plain Black Tommy Bahama shirt).  Figuring she was checking for a wedding ring!

I think I was being hit on.  Kind of have a spring in my step!  

Or, maybe I totally misread!  

50/50!

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Crew have a thankless job sometimes.  Karen,

the main waiter, is kindly and patiently, working with the lady in the pic. who is  VERY hard of hearing!  She has to repeat herself 3, maybe 4 times, calmly, without shouting.  And, explaining each and every choice on the menu!

Another entertainment benefit to dining outside….behind me, I heard a guy walking along the walkway that is part of the Waterfront.  

All I kept hearing him say was “I just want the sun on my face”!  Over and over and over and over again…same sentence!

Thinking he was with someone else, as he passed (or should say stumbled as we was holding the railing as he walked to steady himself), he kept repeating the same thing!

As has been posted, the guests are an eclectic group sailing this cruise!

IMG_3658.jpeg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

It's OK. I am hoping with all the bedrest I got today I will be good the rest of the week. I want to be a part of @Sugar Magnolia posse!

And before I forget, do either of you drink Merlot? I was gifted a bottle and would be more than happy to give it to you. It has a screw top so you know it is the finest in quality. Let me know and we can do a clandestine exchange. 

That’s kind!  Not a wine drinker, per se!

Bourbon?  I’d be knocking on your cabin door right now!

• Like 1

Hey all -not to bust the fun for you, but coming off of the 6/9 cruise, the group on the other site is reporting high levels of strep and COVID.  If you're immune compromised, take the precuations you need for your risk level 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Another CODE ALPHA just now.  Cabin 103555!

OH WOW!!!  That is not good.

Very sad news for New York Yankee fans this evening, it is being reporting by MLB.com the First Baseman Anthony Rizzo will be out 6 to 8 weeks with a broken arm.  Broke it yesterday in a game against Boston.

59 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Well…as I was getting ready to leave the soirée, I was getting up from my seat and the lady sitting across from me.  We were making small talk and I caught her loin g at my hands a couple of times. But, as I got up, she asked if she could buy me a drink at the Atrium bar.  Then she said she liked my shirt (a plain Black Tommy Bahama shirt).  Figuring she was checking for a wedding ring!

I think I was being hit on.  Kind of have a spring in my step!  

Or, maybe I totally misread!  

50/50!

Total booty call

• Haha 8