*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

We are here, having dinner in Flanagan's Pub. Beautiful evening, much less windy than over at the dockyards.

I would have come in and been a PITA when all you wanted was a private dinner!

Agree about the evening…beautiful.  And, you had an ideal place in the middle of the activities!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Impressed that you got driven for around, making stops to get out & snap pictures, etc. before resuming - negotiated, for just one hour (slow day for drivers hanging out at Dockyard as the morning rush is over)  Good for you - do tell b/c I thought Bermuda's regulated, zone-based taxis have a flat rate minimum ... unless you are traveling point to point directly, although on a given day, you can pretty much get from the west end to the east end in possibly 45 minutes or less, traffic permitting.  

Is that St. Peter's Church over at St. George's ?? near the ruins/remains of the nearby Unfinished Church (no longer open to visitors for safety reasons ... we're fortunate to see it like 20 years ago, docked just blocks away as the Crown was much, much smaller & able to get into the harbors.   

Meanwhile, enjoy & have fun at Hamilton's Harbor Festival, we missed the days of dining on the ship and walking off the ship's gangway on Front Street, and down the block with the music, sights & sound in the evening.  

Maybe!  My driver said he charged $65/hr, 3 hour minimum.  Thanked him and told him I didn’t want that long of a tour, as I had seen it before.  Went back and forth for a minute, ended up at one hour and he would drop me off at the beach shown earlier.  He called it Cuid!  Cood?  Cude?  Beach.  Didn’t ring a bell, but he said it was the best, least populated beach!  He was right!

The taxi stand area was pretty sparse!

Ended up piggy backing on a group who had their own taxi coming from the Celebrity ship.  Offered to kick in $20, but they refused.  So, lucked out.

Not sure about the church!

Harbor Night was a good time.  Pics to come…

• Like 7

At the Haven Bar and everyone is reviewing their day.  There’s a couple sitting talking at the bar stating they got married today!  

I recounted that I saw a wedding at the beach today.  They said that they got married on the beach.  Showed them the pic.

It’s them.

Small world!

IMG_3748.jpeg

• Like 21

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The beach where you saw the wedding? Looks like Jobson's Cove to me.

Maybe he was saying “cove” and I didn’t catch the “Jobson’s” part.  Very nice, uncrowded beach (except for the wedding)!

• Like 1

I realize I’ve not included many food pics.  Not intentional.  Food has been good to great across the board.  As @Sugar Magnolia posted about the cookie sitch.  They are here and plentiful.

Have no update on hashbrowns.  Then again, I haven’t looked for them, either!

Got to the Haven Restaurant last night just before they closed (like 9:25 p.m.).  They gladly seated me.  Ordered surf and turf.  It was good.  Not a huge lobster tail fan, but it was decent size and they actually asked me if I wanted another after eating the first one.

In short, all food and service has met or exceeded expectations.

Having coffee and juice before heading out for more exploration!

IMG_3773.jpeg

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I realize I’ve not included many food pics.  Not intentional.  Food has been good to great across the board.  As @Sugar Magnolia posted about the cookie sitch.  They are here and plentiful.

Have no update on hashbrowns.  Then again, I haven’t looked for them, either!

Got to the Haven Restaurant last night just before they closed (like 9:25 p.m.).  They gladly seated me.  Ordered surf and turf.  It was good.  Not a huge lobster tail fan, but it was decent size and they actually asked me if I wanted another after eating the first one.

In short, all food and service has met or exceeded expectations.

Having coffee and juice before heading out for more exploration!

Let me know if you need adult supervision. I’m suddenly feeling responsible. 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Let me know if you need adult supervision. I’m suddenly feeling responsible. 

You will rue the day!

Apparently back home, got a call about “service work” being done at my house.  Didn’t schedule any, wasn’t expecting any!  So, dealing with what may or may not be a “thing”!

Will head out in a bit, though!

You already off the ship?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

You will rue the day!

Apparently back home, got a call about “service work” being done at my house.  Didn’t schedule any, wasn’t expecting any!  So, dealing with what may or may not be a “thing”!

Will head out in a bit, though!

You already off the ship?

As usual I am at the Observation Lounge waiting for the cookies to appear. Just holler when and I will run back to put on decent walking clothes for the adventure. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

As usual I am at the Observation Lounge waiting for the cookies to appear. Just holler when and I will run back to put on decent walking clothes for the adventure. 

👍