Internet, when to buy

Silly question.  Can we buy this at any time on board or do we have to buy it ahead of time?  Do they ever stop selling it?  We think we might need it occasionally and would prefer to buy it on the days we need it.

@Castaway Cowgirl yes you can buy Wi-Fi onboard any day that you need it.( i .e. 24 hour period) You do not have to buy for the whole week if your cruise is for example seven days. Of course it’s most likely a higher price per day than a package per day ,if you buy it -let’s say on a Monday and a Wednesday ( daily rate), but if that’s all you need wi fi ,then yes you can buy it for whatever days you need. But of course you can buy it onboard your cruise as well or you can purchase it on the app( for length of cruise package only )before you cruise .

If you only need it for a few days here and there, then you cannot purchase it in advance, I do not believe. You just do it when you get onboard.

• Like 2

@Castaway Cowgirl I don’t believe if you’re just purchasing daily Internet like occasionally ,I don’t think there’s ever a stoppage.
If you’re trying to purchase a Wi-Fi package onboard then yes ,I’m sure there’s a point that they stop offering it -you would not want to have to pay for all seven days if you didn’t use the Internet on day one and two etc.

The package for one device, which basically means one device at a time, so if you and your cabin mate don’t want to use the Internet at the same time ,you can use two different devices. The package price is $24.99 times the amount of days of your voyage. And if you are platinum and above status then you get 50% off in the form of on board credit. 
Maybe someone knows the daily price if you just get Internet occasionally .I’m actually not sure on that price -$30 for 24 hour??

• Thanks 1

I'll be on the Sapphire Princess in March 2025. I made my reservation today, but can not find any information on a-la-carte options and packages, including internet access. Anybody know where I can find that kind of info?

1 minute ago, cupcakewalk said:

I'll be on the Sapphire Princess in March 2025. I made my reservation today, but can not find any information on a-la-carte options and packages, including internet access. Anybody know where I can find that kind of info?

Not sure how far out they sell that stuff, but it would show up once you sign into the website under "packages" and "Extras"   as well as on the app. 

• Thanks 1

Just off the Enchantment. A couple came in to ask about internet to send an email. They we told $30.00 for a 24 hr period-they walked out. 

We purchased a 1 device package for the cruise(7.50 per day for elite-the price did go up a few days later). Could not sign into any of our email addresses or facebook in the internet cafe. Hubby could on his phone-but for me the print is too small to read.. 

Posted (edited)

In April we bought the 24 hour period for $30 ($15 if Platinum) and swapped it amongst all our devices (phones and laptops) for one fee. You just click on your App to buy anytime. The IT center or Oceans desk can help if you cannot figure it out and also how to swap devices. We could also go to the IT center and log in if we needed a desktop with free printer.

We only needed 6 (24 hours) of a 21 day cruise. We used both for online things like getting maps, booking hotels, reading about destinations, as well as wifi calling to elderly parents. Worked great, esp with the 24 hrs overlapping into the next day. Being unplugged the other days was nice, plus we saved some $.

Edited by elaine5
  • Like 1