Disembarkation and time to SYD

I will be flying home to Orlando after a 28-day round Australia cruise on Crown Princess in April 2025. We are scheduled to arrive at 6am. I will be flying on United using miles for a 1st/Business class seat. My only options are 9:20am or 10:30 am departures. 

I always book afternoon flights, especially when flying international. Does anyone have a good feeling about this situation short of my spending another night in Sydney? I will have splurged on 4 days there pre-cruise (already pre-paid, so that’s not negotiable). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

I will be flying home to Orlando after a 28-day round Australia cruise on Crown Princess in April 2025. We are scheduled to arrive at 6am. I will be flying on United using miles for a 1st/Business class seat. My only options are 9:20am or 10:30 am departures. 

I always book afternoon flights, especially when flying international. Does anyone have a good feeling about this situation short of my spending another night in Sydney? I will have splurged on 4 days there pre-cruise (already pre-paid, so that’s not negotiable). 

Definitely need the extra night. I wouldn’t even try a domestic flight at that time. An airport hotel would be cheaper I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Definitely need the extra night. I wouldn’t even try a domestic flight at that time. An airport hotel would be cheaper I think.

Sigh.

Thanks for the reply. 

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

I agree with Cbtours - we too only book flights for the afternoon, even domestic. We have been delayed arriving in Sydney. We smugly enjoyed breakfast and relaxed until we could disembark as we knew we didn't have to worry about our flight back to Melbourne.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the real-world advice. I’ll choose last disembarkation, enjoy a coffee and pastry in the lounge, and make my way to an airport hotel. I suppose I could even book a Princess transfer and then take a hotel shuttle over.
Anyway, I suppose there are worse places to be stuck for an extra day!

• Like 2

We booked an hotel in the Rocks district after disembarking.

Couldn’t check in straight away, but they stored our luggage till check in time. Lots to see within walking distance..Bridge, Opera House, Circular Quay. Hop On/Off Bus, Pitt Street Mall. Many restaurants.

Early morning taxi to airport the next day.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Noordam earlier this year.  We were to dock at White Bay Terminal.  Our arrival was delayed by five hours because of bad weather in the Sydney Harbor.  In previous cruises we overnighted in Sydney before catching the noonish flights back to the US.

If we were to finish a cruise in Sydney again, we would spend the night in a hotel to insure getting to the airport on time.

• Thanks 1