Complimentary acupuncture walk in clinic

Hi all,

I am seeing in some daily patterns that there is an hour of Complimentary acupuncture walk in clinic.

I’ve always seen acupuncture on cruises with a $150-$300 cost.  Does Princess offer free acupuncture sessions or does anyone know what this is?

Thank you.

I did this once. Here is the description of the “walk in clinic”. It’s a sales pitch. Sometimes the acupuncturist will give a seminar (usually in the Wheelhouse or other lounge).  It’s a sale pitch, yes, I repeated that again on purpose.  

What did I get during the walk in visit?  The acupuncturist took a needle out of a packet.  Inserted it into pressure point.  Asked me how I felt.  I told him I could feel it, but no relief.  Don’t get me wrong.  I do believe in Asian treatments.  It is not a full treatment. On top of that, insurance will not cover this treatment.

There is a lot of sales pitch and upsell in the spa, especially on the medspa side of things.  If you have an acupuncturist at home and regularly seek these treatments, have found them to be beneficial, stick with getting them done, at home.  Acupuncture is something I would want done by somebody who is licensed, and more importantly, bonded, and more importantly than that, somebody I'm familiar with and know their work.  It is one thing entirely for me to get a massage or some other skin or body work done on a cruise, but something where they are inserting needles in your body; I would rather have that done by somebody I know and trust.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi all,

I am seeing in some daily patterns that there is an hour of Complimentary acupuncture walk in clinic.

I’ve always seen acupuncture on cruises with a $150-$300 cost.  Does Princess offer free acupuncture sessions or does anyone know what this is?

Thank you.

These are presentations or “consultations” that are designed to encourage you to book treatments. There is a charge for the treatments.