Australian Visa

Michael Py

I applied for an Australian visa more than a year before my cruise having been told to apply quickly as it could take some time. However it came through very quickly and they give you an entry date of exactly a year after the application is approved.Although I had put dates of travel on the application it is saying I have to enter the country by a certain date and my Viking cruise ship won’t enter Australian waters (Hobart) until three weeks after this date. Will this be a problem because I understand that you don’t actually show your visa to the authorities but show it at the Viking ship? There doesn’t seem an easy way to contact the Australian visa authorities except by dialling Australia direct at £4,21 per minute! Any help gratefully received 

You applied too soon, at a year before! An Australian ETA is really easy to apply for, and you may need to apply for a new one!    An ETA allows multiple entries over a 12 month period.  

5 hours ago, Michael Py said:

I applied for an Australian visa more than a year before my cruise having been told to apply quickly as it could take some time. 

Australian Visas online often are awarded to you within 24 hours.  Apply 30 days before your departure date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1