Alcohol Waiver 18+

Posted (edited)

Hi, I see that NCL allows 18-20 year olds to obtain a parent waiver to buy beer and wine on board. Does this also include hard cider and Truly Seltzers or is strictly beer and wine?  (I"m aware it says beer and wine, but ciders and seltzers are on the beer/tap list at some of the bars, so I'm curious as to what others experiences have been)

Edited by JennafurC
clarification

I don't know the answer to the specific question, but word to the wise - bring a birth certificate if you and kiddo have different last names.  I sailed with then19yo DD and was unable to sign the waiver for her because we have different last names and I couldn't prove that I am her mother, even though we look alike and produced IDs showing the same permanent residence.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, garnet115 said:

I don't know the answer to the specific question, but word to the wise - bring a birth certificate if you and kiddo have different last names.  I sailed with then19yo DD and was unable to sign the waiver for her because we have different last names and I couldn't prove that I am her mother, even though we look alike and produced IDs showing the same permanent residence.

Thank you for your post! It is invaluable information that some might never have thought of before their cruises!

• Like 1