Something wrong with cabins B707-B711 on Regal and Royal?

hapap

Hi! We are planning our fifth cruice and this time looking at Regal Princess. There are only few suitable cabins left now and they all are concentrated near the stern elevators. Are there any serious reasons why we should avoid these cabins (marked with yellow in the attached image)?
image.png.e39a3691b8a4a65918735e7315acf422.png
I think we can live with the noise coming from the lifts, but is there another reason why nobody has already reserved these? Thanks a lot!

59 minutes ago, hapap said:

Hi! We are planning our fifth cruice and this time looking at Regal Princess. There are only few suitable cabins left now and they all are concentrated near the stern elevators. Are there any serious reasons why we should avoid these cabins (marked with yellow in the attached image)?
image.png.e39a3691b8a4a65918735e7315acf422.png
I think we can live with the noise coming from the lifts, but is there another reason why nobody has already reserved these? Thanks a lot!

B705 is a connecting cabin to B707.  So, I would avoid B707, but that’s just me.  Otherwise, don’t see an issue.  Elevators have never been a problem for us. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

B705 is a connecting cabin to B707.  So, I would avoid B707, but that’s just me.

If given the choice between a cabin that connects and one that does not, all other things being equal, I would opt for the cabin that does not connect.  That said, connecting cabins are not the pariah that some people make them out to be.  The last three cruises that I have taken have been in cabins that connect to the ones next door and we never heard a peep or experienced any issues whatsoever.  (All on Royal Class ships).  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

If given the choice between a cabin that connects and one that does not, all other things being equal, I would opt for the cabin that does not connect.  That said, connecting cabins are not the pariah that some people make them out to be.  The last three cruises that I have taken have been in cabins that connect to the ones next door and we never heard a peep or experienced any issues whatsoever.  (All on Royal Class ships).  

Agree.  We’ve had loud neighbors in a non-connected cabin.  You just never know.

I do avoid the connecting ones, if I have a choice. 🥴

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

We’ve had loud neighbors in a non-connected cabin.

Our worst experience was from a neighbor in a non-connected cabin.  This was several years before Covid, but this guy was hacking up a lung 24 hours a day in the most frightful way imaginable.  I mean this sincerely, we thought he was dying.  The next to last day of our cruise, an ambulance came and took him out on a gurney and quarantine tape was placed on the cabin door.  The next day, at disembarkation, a hazmat team was in the cabin doing a full sterilization. I suppose that if we had had connecting cabins under those circumstances, I would have been concerned about whatever he had slipping under the door.  Not sure that is possible though. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

That said, connecting cabins are not the pariah that some people make them out to be.  The last three cruises that I have taken have been in cabins that connect to the ones next door and we never heard a peep or experienced any issues whatsoever. 

we once ended up in a connecting (guarantee) cabin. Ugh. The other cabin had a toddler who screamed his head of every night for at least an hour.... It was a lot more audible because of the connection between the cabins.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks everyone! We chose 711 as it is not a connecting cabin. Now planning what to do during 12 days around British Isles, in addition to eating and relaxing of course...

• Like 1